IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approx 9 years ago I was living in Vancouver, my boy and I went up the Kalama river to do nothing more than scout before deer season, this was our first year (and only year) living in Washington so we were told that there is some good deer country in the Kalama foothills. we were traveling around looking at the beautiful river we noticed a old gentelman in his 70,s in fact he told us he was 74 with two, beautiful summer steelhead, hardly any one else was on the river in about a 5 mile stretch, it was second week in September. he told us he dont start fishing the Kalama for summers untill late ugust - end of September. he told us he has caught 14 summers already in what time spand i cant recall, but what I do remember was what he told us he uses for baite. the night before he goes out he emptys out a bottle of "red potskies eggs" and lets them dry out, then before he goes out he puts them back in tho the bottle and uses two on a #8 trout hook, now i might add this was at 9:30 in the morning and he started fishing at 6;30 I wanted to go up and try this but neaver had the chance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts