IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd try the Williamson River. It can be fished from the bank or drift boat or larger boat in the lower streches. It has world class trout throughout. The lake should be warming up which sends the fish up the river. Flies or spinners are the ticket on the upper river near Chiloquin and large spoons or rapalas are the way to go on the lower river. If the lake isn't too green it is a fantastic fishery. Ask the sporting goods counter in Big R, they're a lot of help. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I just got back from K Falls. The Williamson is very slow right now. Lois at the old Williamson river resort told me that the fish are not in yet because they've only had 3 days of warm weather and the lake is still cold. Give it 3-4 wks, about the time the bugs get thick. For now, try Pelican bay - Huge take down on a crawfish plug. Also quietly motor up Recreation creek. Pick an intersection of canoe routes and plunk a worm/mellow or cast roosters with a crawler tail. Operative word is quiet. I don't recommend operating a jet pump in there though. Too much grass in the water. I haven't tried flies there due to the terrible afternoon wind. Good luck.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Fished pelican memorial day weekend. saw lots caught. We got 2 nice size but very tired fish. If you fish the island and eagle crest (i think thats what they call it) point the fish seemed to be much firmer. Fish banks was also producing. We used rapalas. The ones that were really hooking up were using the small brown trout repallas.

G

·
MM,
Eagle Ridge
1 Pump,
It was connected to the lake but I don't know if you still can get to it, I'll check next time I am up there. I've launched off the road to the north of the "pond" in the past to trap there and in the large canal that runs away from the highway.

The lake is still in good shape with no sighn of algi yet. With the heat we have been having the algi should grow fast.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
There's a little pond at MP265 on Hwy 97 (north of KF) that people have been fishing lately. This puddle is only a couple of acres but there was 4 boats (including a fair-sized ski-type boat) on it the other day. And there's not even a real ramp on it. When I drove by the guys in the ski boat were trying to net a fish, but I couldn't tell what it was. Anybody know what's in there? It looks like the pond is seperated from the lake by the highway. Is there a culvert connecting it to the lake, or is it completely diked off?
It's kind of weird that I haven't seen anybody there 'til 2 weeks ago, and now it looks like Buoy 10. :whazzup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts