IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's my story. While fishing the Columbia out of Westport Sat. before last I finally nailed about a 20lb springer. I worked it up to the boat and handed the rod to my lady friend so I could net it. Then proceeded to knock it off with the net. What add's to the frustration is that it also snapped off my kwikfish and took off with that also. Anyway, there's a nice springer headed up the river with a chartruse (sp?) and chrome kwikfish (K14) in it's mouth. If someone catches it please feel free to keep the kwikfish, just let me know so I can come up and get my fish!!!

Cheers, Jim

·
Administrator
119,509 Posts
Too funny. :smile:

Welcome to ifish, and remember this... There are some very sensitive people around here, who haven't even hooked a springer yet, so tread really carefully. :smile:

THAT WOULD BE ME!

Jen

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jen, Tnx for all you do here. Out of respect for your "fishless" sensitivity I'll be sure and not mention the other 8 springers I've successfully netted this spring. OH GOSH, silly me, there I've gone and let it slip out!!

Jim

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Searunner Jim, I supposed if some of us flat landers here in the valley live in the fish breeding grounds like you do, "Even Bait of Eggs would have several springers by now."

Those eight are more than I've hooked in my two years of chasing them.

Thanks, the f14 must have come out but the 22 lb chinook was real good..... :grin:

Are you fishing downstream of the Astoria bridge or upriver some where. I have three days off and must, I say, must catch a couple fish for a brother coming in from Texas. Any info is appreciated.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts