IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not looking for any deep dark secrets. How is the run of summers on the Nestucca? Is there enough water to fish. Just wondering. :shrug:

Finnman

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just spent three days down there fishing, the water is lower than last year at this time. Only got one summer steelhead and hooked a few springers but they were too much for the gear we were using. There was more people there this year than last year as well. I don't plan on going back down there as the summer steelhead should reach the deschutes any day now.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Summer fishing on the stuc can be pretty good sometimes. i used to have it dialed a few years back. Blue fox spinners in the mornings and evenings at the mouth of three rivers always worked well for me. Also, pink worms, crawdad tails, and shrimp have worked well in the past too. Move aroound though and find the fish, that will be your key.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I think might go over this week and check it out. I thought there might less pressure there than other places but it sounds about the same anywhere you go. Good luck on the Dirty D.

Finnman

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have been 3 times now in the last 2 weeks, 1 fish on in 3 trips. i think i will stick with the with the s.santiam, lots of fish eager to go home with you, crowds are not bad on weekdays. good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts