IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
All the fellas who used to hunt cougars before the green is keen bunch prevailed are saying "aayup, nothing like a hungry cougar."

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have watched a cougar from my living room, it was sunning by the creek. I have small children and I love to go running on my road... but ever since that day, I must admit, I have been a little spooked. When the hay in the field is tall in the summer, that is when I am the most jumpy.. the kids are outside more then too.

The cat has killed at least one of my dogs. Several neighbors have lost animals too.

I wish they would allow the hound dogs on the hunts again. The cougar population is just growing too fast for my comfort.

I thought I would carry pepper spray on my runs... one friend laughed at me and said it was nice of me to flavor the steak for the cougar. :shocked:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Do they allow concealed weapons in washington like we do here in oregon (with a permit of course)? Heck don't conceal it. Nothing like a little backup for that morning run. That said I am not a hunter nor do I carry a concealed weapon with or without a permit. It just seems logical that if I had cougars in my backyard, I would own and most likely carry a handgun.

Just my .02 cents
MH

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
This is one of the best fish stories I've ever heard!
Excuse me for being a little skeptical!

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Now that is the way to keep pressure off your river! :wink:

Washington has concealed carry laws similar to Oregon's. When fishing or hunting in rural areas, I believe you can carry openly. My concealed carry permit was honored by the Portland police in Oregon, but I don't know if it was official or reciprocal.

I've got me a little S&W 686 for that kind of medicine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts