IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anybody have any gossip about a Summer Chinook Season??

When do the powers that be Meet to disscuss this?

What Areas are they considering?

So many questions so few brain cells!!!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I belief the river opens up on the 16th of June for steelhead and jack salmon.I also belief they are going to have a meeting soon and hopefully it will open the same time for the June hogs.My back surgery is this comeing Thrusday,I'm hopeing I sould be able to fish by then :bowdown: :bowdown: ,I haven't been able to fish sinc Mar 20th. basically been down and out and talk about cabin fever :mad: :mad: I'm about to drive my wife nuts.I've seen every movie and tv show they have to offer in the past 21/2 months
The only thing good about this is my wife mows the lawn :grin: :grin: ,I'm even looking forward to that.Now thats SICK !!!
:shrug:
Bob
Oh Yea,I'm talking about the river from I-5 to Bonniville,I think the lower river opens sooner
you need to check the regs on that cus I'm not real sure on it,

[ 05-18-2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: dawhunt ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
According the the ODFW website the CR is open for fin clipped steelhead right now!

·
Registered
352 Posts
There are no more June hogs! Grand Coule (sp) dam took care of them. Wish I was wrong, they were a great strain of fish..........Bobber Down

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These Summer run fish are heading to the Oakanagan river and the wells hatchery. Alas Bobberdown is right, the real june hogs went when grand coulee went up.

Dose anybody know when and where they are considering opening a fishery for these fish???

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
We've had a "upper river" fishery the last 2 years above Brewster Wa. It has opened in mid-july and generally runs through august. These are great fish! I saw a 51 pounder caught last year. We had 2 over 30lbs in my boat last year and a total of 102 fish in my boat for the last 2 "summer" seasons. These fish aren't like the "fall dragons" that frequent Vernita, they're in great shape (but smaller), and are aggressive biters. Oh yeah, they're all not going up the Okanogan, some do spawn in the main channel of the Columbia too.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Pay attention to the comments above regarding the term "June Hogs".

It's sad but true, the biggest fish to ever go by here were driven into extinction by Gand Coulee dam. Anybody here ever see a 60-100# chinook in the Columbia? Probably not, most of those folks are dead now.

P.S. If you answered yes to my question, don't be scared. It just means your older than dirt. Take a :sleep:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts