IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...
Been reading the board for quite a while now, and figured it was time to jump into gear on this.

I grew up in Central Washington fishing for anything that had fins...High mountain lakes, to the potholes were my main targets...But my best memories were at O'Sullivan...I was probably 8-9 years old, and fishing off the dunes with my one of my best friends, I had the hot pole that day, and was catching perch and bass 3 to 1 compared to him...We kept trading poles back and forth and no matter which pole I had I was catching a TON. Well needless to say my buddy was getting kinda tired of it...and asked for his pole back, no sooner did I have my pole back, it went down...and down hard...not the typical perch bite for sure! Well this thing on the end of the line makes a run and basically drags me waist deep in the water...I turn around and throw the pull over the shoulder and drag it back up...this goes on 2-3 times and finally I landed a huge carp...granted just a carp but the biggest fish I had ever caught...well I was hooked, and continued fishing to this date...

Recently, after a hiatus from fishing during college, I moved to the wetter side of the state and didnt have a clue where/what/how etc how to fish over here...I met a good friend and he got on a Sturgeon trip, we caught a lotta shakers that day, but no keepers...but OH BABY was I hooked..and then Spring came, and Springers on the Wind...I hooked a few, but never landed....so hence the name "BigFishFever" since early in my life, I have been limited to the "smaller" species...

I hope to be able to meet fellow ifishers on this side to help out a newbie, and hopefully be able to help out anybody going to the "dry" side of the state....

Sorry for the length of this everybody...Hope to meet yall on the water! Have a Great Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the great welcome...it seems that there are some really great people on this site, and I look forward to pickin' all your brains for tips etc....hopefully I will be able to get to know some of you once I get my boat fully operational, and will gladly put up some open seats for tips!

Thanks again for the great welcome!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Your right! This board is great and has helpful people. Although some rare times you'll run across some who are out for conflict. These moderators have been on top of getting rid of them clowns.

I to was in your shoes and am glad I'm where I'm at. Not only through my own trail and error, but from the anglers who are next to me on the shore line.

Thanks to all who do contribute valid, reliable information. :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts