IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Jumbo Jet today and used it tonight at O.C. just above the 205 bridge. We were fishing anywhere from 12' to 30' (so the crappy Fishing buddie says) I rigged up just like everyone suggested (about a 12" dropper, couple beads, bead chain, and 5' to 6' leader to a 4/0 to 5/0 Gammi toped with eggs and sand shrimp) Now my question is? Are you fishing these on the bottom? or suspended? If suspended, about what depth? I have 50' and 100' marked off on my main line (50lb Tuf Line).

Thanks
CM

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
CM,

You're right there. Go out about 75'. Then back up slowly.. The current will keep the diver near the bottom as the depth changes and that is where the chinookies will take it down!

:cheers:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yep, 75' behind the boat with really good eggs/shrimp. Right on the bottom with a slow back troll and WhamO. Good Luck. SPACE FISH

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got plenty of Ammerman cured and ourself cured Amerman eggs. Just waiting for the Nookie :grin: Oh, 1 more ?, Do you/can you use a Mooch rig with eggs?

Thanks
CM

[ 04-24-2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Corkie Monster ]

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
When I am up there using a jumbo diver I also let it out about 75 ft and just let it bounce of the bottom, just like you would up by bonneville. You can also banck bounce eggs. :smile:

[ 04-24-2003, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: zueth ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts