IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a Salty Dog but here goes.

Went tuna fishing today with Jack Glass and his son Brandon. Who do we meet up with on Captain Ken's "Irish" but world famous SaltyDog Ifisher's James and Les and Johnathon.

From our side, we thought it was a great day. We got 13 Albacore biggest wat 30 lbs. Now for the zipperlip coup de grace...anyone wants to go get this...have at it.

Captain Ken and mate Denise took us out 58 miles to find the tuna. Be interesting to see if anyone else got into them. Trolling about 7 mph with hoochies and jigs.

Also...when we nailed one on the troll, James and Les were dialed into jigging which was really cool. You feel the tuna hit and Jame's gear was just the right size for a great fight with the tuna.

James and Les thought it was ho-hum...just 13 fish...but I think they are extremely jaded characters even though they are great to fish with. Jack, Brandon and I thought it was pretty hot.

4 hours out and back...we were whipped. Captain Ken really worked that one. First Mate Denise was super on the gaff and I got tons of down rigger tips from her to use on salmon.

[ 07-26-2003, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: BrionLutz ]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Hey Brion.....great to meet and spend all day fishing with you yesterday...Great pics too..Hopefully today was alot more relaxing for you on the river..That salt air always gets me going.. Well gotta go clean up the gear...Why do we bring so many stinkin rods anyway??????

Take care and again it was great to meet you...

Les

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Booja 1,

Sheesh...we were whipped...in true Glass tradition, both those guys went right to sleep in the car.

Jack's trip for the next day got canceled and so did mine, I needed the rest.

Dropped all the tuna fillets off at my friend's house on the way back for BBQ and smoking. Have to root around for some tuna smoking receipes. Loved hearing about your tuna canning but that will have to something to work on for next time.

I'm going to be sorely tempted to make a run for the coast if the tuna come in close...watch that satellite water temp site.

Holler if you guys are doing any Fall Chinook trips on the Columbia on the "company boat"...some nice relaxing anchor fishing? <grin>. Gotta be a way to get them trolling. Try out those down rigger techniques Denise was giving us.

Great fishing with you guys!

Brion

·
Registered
838 Posts
Pleasure was all mine......another trip or two and we'll have you on the Salty Dog board regularly! We will have to go for round 2 soon......drop me an email with your #......

P.S.- Sorry to hear your trip was cancelled today..........!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
El Shaddai,

Well...now that you've stuffed my fridge full of tuna fillets...well my designated smoker's fridge anyway...any good smoking recipes you'd recommend up on the Salty Dogs board somewhere?

Brion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts