IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad called me last night to tell me that his friend bailed on us for taking us Pheasant hunting today, even after my dad had taken the day off :depressed:

So I decided to take him fishing today over on the John Day Arm. We talked to a few people and the outlook was a little grim. But the weather was beautiful, there was good company on board, there were deer in the hills and no wind! So it was going to be a great day no matter what. But when this steelhead hammered my Dad's Fire Tiger Wiggle Wart, the day turned into a fantastic day!

He weighed in at just over 16 pounds :dance:

My Dad's biggest steelhead to date!!

[ 10-18-2003, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: ANDYCOHO ]

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Very nice
I am glad things worked out for you!

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's an awesome steely. I can't wait to start throwing some jigs this year. It sounds like the man upstairs knew your Dad needed something like this.

Here's to your great day with Dad! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Thats a real nice fish CONGRATS

I wonder when they well be in the Deschutes??

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Good job Andy :cheers:
I fished there many times last year can't wait to hit the John day my self.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice fish, i was hoping someone would talk about the John Day. I was wondering if there are any ramps at the mouth of the JD. Could i get my drift boat in the water there? I want to go after those B-run fish being it's close to home. Thank's

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Hoggemin, yeah we were pulling warts, we had 2 take downs one on the Fire Tiger wart and one on the Hot Tiger wart. We didn't do any bobber fishing, but I want to give that a shot next time I'm up there.

Lippee, there is a boat ramp right at the mouth of the John Day, just off I-84. A drift boat would work perfect, as long as the wind didn't pick up too much.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Again andy finds the fish........ I need to hang out with you so i can learn how to do that. Congrats on a few things also. I think you know what i mean. If not give me a call you know where i work.

Cartman :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts