IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it out for the first time this year. All I can say is my "5 cents", won't buy an ounce of "tacklebuster"! :grin: Monday was pretty slow with 1 keeper and two shakers to show for the effort. Tuesday was a little better with 11 shakers and another keeper. We had a couple of shakers that were real close (greater than 41"). I think that if we measured the fish on the side, one of the "shakers" may have made the mark, but didn't want to take a chance.

Moved lots, just had a hard time finding the fish.

The two keepers we caught were a blast though! The first one was doing cart-wheels across the water, and the second made a 100' run faster than you could run, with a drag tight enough that you could hardly pull line out! :shocked:

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Not bad for your first trip of the year. Patience grasshopper, Tacklebuster days will come in time, you must be one with the mighty sturgeon :grin:

Sounds like you got all the right ingredients to make up a batch of keeper whoop butt on your next trip. See ya in the estuary..........

·
Registered
627 Posts
Tacklebuster if I go out of Chinook boat launch saturday which way should I go. You can E-mail me and I'll read it later. and any other good food spots... :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
42- If you launch out of Chinook, head up river past the church. Start making your way mid river. I like the flats between the church and the Hammond entrance. You will too when you hook into those red hot ocean fish. Find about 12 feet of water and your in business. Fresh chovies and shrimp on the ebb. If your fishing a flood, make your way up to the bridge and find some deeper water (50 to 70), chovies and smelt.

TB

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Tacklebuster, Are you heading down again this weekend? Our boat is in the shop and don't know if it will be out by the weekend. I'll give you a holler if we go down and are doing well.

·
Registered
627 Posts
On a -2 tide will the fish still be on the flats or move off cause of it being to shallow, and how shallow should you fish or NOT fish... :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
404 Posts
went out of john day all day = tuesday = with no help.. check earlier post!!.. no fish all day bad wind all day goodbye to all the crap on this board i dont beleive you anymore GOODBYE!

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Sturgeon 42- I love to fish the flats with that much water moving out. It kicks out a lot of goodies the sturgeon like. As far as depth goes, me best trip this year yielded 10 keepers in 2 hours in 4 feet of water. This was not last weekends trip but a trip I took in May. It was so shallow where I was casting that you could actually see the sturgeon swimming by.

Invader- You gotta think below the bridge bro. Sturgeon fishing in the estuary isn't as easy as some would like to think

·
Registered
627 Posts
Once again Thankyou tacklebuster, I know I will meet up with you when they open the upper river for sturgeon, and Fall Chinook. Oh ya maybe see you out Summer fishing for Salmon. Thanks again and I will let you know how we do. I will be in Happy Ours boat with two other Sleds in tow( wifes business associates)..... :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Tacklebuster do you fly the scull and crossbones on your boat.....Invader thats why they call it fishing... :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts