IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going down this Thursday and Friday to chase some gators. If any of you Ifishers are down there say hi. I will be running a teal Alumaweld SuperVee with three of my good fishing buddies. Wear some sunblock and sunglasses it should be great. Tides look good. Oh how I love those vacation days.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
XTC and I will be down in that neck of the woods. Black/Gold Alumaweld Mirage. We will have the radio on 68! :cheers:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am going Thursday also I will be in a white Trophy lanching out of Warrenton. I let you know on channel 68 how it is were I am.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
I'll be fishing below the bridge Friday morning through Sunday. Blue/green Weldcraft Renegade, blue cooler on the back. Looks as if it's gonna be sunny and clear so I'll probably leave my top in the garage. I will be monitoring 68 as well. I won't be giving a report when I get back but will be more than happy swapping some information on the water. Fish beware.........

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Chris,

I will let you know how it has been up above... thats what we are planning on right now but you never know things could change. I hope the wind isnt too bad with this warm wether.

Shane

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'll be down on Sunday too. Putting in at Warrenton. Havent checked the tide books yet so not sure what time I'll be on the water. Black boat and top, white johnson kicker, black dog on the bow. Good luck this weekend, should be a nice day either way....

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
With the warm weather and the heat expected in the valley, the winds will be in full force. The good thing is we have the ebb in the morning before the winds really start kicking. If you are going to be sporting your top, be prepared to get blown around on anchor. See you guys on the front lines.......

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks like it will be a ifish fest in Astoria this weekend. :dance: 5-cents we didn't do to well above tounge point over the week end. Lots of anchoivies down low and not to mention fish. I will be there tell Sunday hope to get to meet some new people. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
I'll be there this weekend except I won't be fishing. Taking the wife over to the cabin on the *****ula for our 19th wedding anniversary.
Love that woman. She lets me fish most anytime I want to except our anniversary :grin: But that's okay, you gotta love a woman that lets her man fish and fill the freezer. Love ya babe. :cool:

Hope you boys get into the bigg'ins this week. But I think you may get blown off the water unless it cools down here a little. Good luck!

[ 06-04-2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: CATCH AND EAT ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Yep I heard all the fish were below the bridge now. :shocked: Thats were everyone should try. :tongue: Monitor 68 for reports :cheers:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
If you can afford it though, I think a solid mounted VHF unit is better than a hand held. SOmetimes the handhelds don't work very well. At least my experience. A friend of ours had one and he was only 2 miles away and I heard a bunch of static. As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for". We have a Standard Horizon brand and it is awesome. If we are down, we'll give reports on 68 as well. Tight Lines!!!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I'll be down thursday am early. hope that the early tides do us some good...

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
uboatcdr,

If I were you I would at least get a hand-held unit before fishing down there. A little insurance on your life. It can get real nasty real fast in that neck of the river and a VHF can save your life. When hailing for help a VHF is way more effective than a cell phone becuase the coasties can triangulate with a VHF!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I wanted to say that but bit my lip.. :blush:

·
Registered
184 Posts
We'll be there Saturday and Sunday below the bridge. We have been fishing above Tounge point and while getting the boat limit it has been work. Look for the dark green ThunderJet with with the 162 qt cooler and 9.9 Suzuki kicker. And I will have my VHF on.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
We got clear skies for Thursday night and North winds 10 to 20 predicted for Friday. Gonna get a little bumpy on the ebb so hopefully the winds will lie down until the flood. No fog, lot's of sun, bumpy water. Stay out of the shipping lanes and you may want to consider leaving the tops in the driveway.

Saturday and Sunday look a little better. We still got North winds 10 to 20 but it will be a little cooler and patches of fog in the morning. Water should look better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts