IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we are all waiting for the 75 lb Chinook picture, this is what part of Team "Get Bent" was up to today. Old Catch and Eat has been complaining that I don't post enough anymore. Here ya go CNE, just for you, a John Day Steelhead. That should help a "Chum" out :laugh: . Still not as good as the 11 fish Salmon day a week ago :grin: . Maybe you should take a break from "Chumming" and fish for something a little more challenging. :tongue:

All kidding aside, I left Portland at 9:00 AM after deciding between fishing and yard work. Glad I did, as it was actually fairly warm out there and was a very beautiful day out there. Left at 3:30 PM, released 1 native and kept this hatchery buck.

This picture posted especially for Brian who is an IFISH lurker. :wink:

[ 11-10-2003, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Spooled ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Nice fish and nicer shirt :cheers:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Nice fish!!! :cheers:

I just love that fishery up there.

But beware of all the hate mail that you may receive now that you posted a picture of this "secrect" fishery...

Don't ask me how I know :hoboy: :mad:

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Agree with the "nice truck" but as for the shirt, well, send me your address and I'll get ya a REAL shirt. :laugh: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: GO BEAVS :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, you sure can't please everyone. :laugh: I know Beavs can't read, so I intentionally put a picture of a Beaver flag in the background so as not to offend any OSU grads :laugh: :laugh: If any Kansas fans are out there...the hat is for you. :smile:

Andy, too bad you got some unfriendly e-mail about your trip. I am well aware of how many people look at this board to see what is going on. That is the reason Catch and Eat said what he did. The John Day is certainly no "secret" spot this time of year. It may be someones secret spot, but when the parking lot with 75 spaces is filled, the secret is out people :rolleyes: . It has been that way every year I have fished there. I did edit what part of the river it was caught on, to keep a little peace with the few people that consider it a "secret". Bring on the ****** . :smile:

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Troy... nice fish. Andy, very nice of you to share your boat and offer up open seats. Bill has reported on the John Day arm in the paper for years. Yep, I'd say it was top secret :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
About stink'en time ya post Troy. Nice fish but it's kinda chum color. Ya should have called, I would have gone and then you would not have caught that fish. BTW was that fish pre-gutted when it came to hand. :grin:

Nice job bud. :bowdown:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nice Fish Spooled.

Sunday's crowd was actually lite compared to Sat. I've been going up there for a few years, but Saturday was as crowded as I've ever seen it. I understand there was a derby which may have contributed to the crowd, but I didn't hear how many were entered. Weekdays are the ticket just about everywhere anymore.

SureSet

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I know we should of hit the John Day this weekend. Nice Fishy. Good job. :cheers:

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Originally posted by FWF1:
Nice Steelie Super T !

Chris :cool:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Chris don't encourage Troy with the "Super-T" crap. His ego, or is it eggo is already big enough. :wink: You know he forced his wife to start calling him that! :hoboy: Unbelievable. :sleep: Cindy, if you are reading this change his name to "Supper-T". Much more fitting since he don't miss any meals. :shocked: Of course neither do I. :blush: Point is he does'nt need any more of that kind of encouragment. Super-T

[ 11-10-2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: CATCH AND EAT ]

3,877 Posts
OK...

So give us some details on how the fish are being taken over there.

It has been some years sice I have fished that fishery and when I did I hired a great guide by the name of Dick O'brien (God Rest His Soul).

If I am remembering correctly we used wiggle warts, Red with the black tiger stripes and Michael Jacksons.

I know you free line them behind the boat...Can you provide any ideas as to how many pulls or just Huch & Troll :shrug:

Ideas appreciated...I need to do this for a change of pace.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Troy, Troy, Troy..............

That shirt ! :tongue:

You woulda had a 20-fish day coming if not for that awful thing you're wearing. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Dan, can't believe you haven't changed your avatar after last weekend. Troy, guess you are gonna have show scratch and snivel how it's done.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Roger.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts