IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The swap is full.:dance:

Thank you everyone for participating. :applause: This will be another Fantastic swap. Below is a list of everyone who has joined:

Fishin
Twitchs Tackle
Bank of Duvall
Ampersat
Steelymann
Fish N Russ
Corkie Monster
First Cast
Spinner Fisher
JZ Outfitters
Sparkleboy
Willow Drifter

As you decide what you will be tying for the swap please post the name or description on this thread or include a picture. Here are a couple of examples already.

Bank of Duvall’s Fantastic contribution:

What I will be including for the swap:

Here are the details again:
1. We will limit the swap to the first 11 people that sign up. That will make a total of 12 people (including myself) in the swap.
2. <font color="red"> ALL JIGS MUST BE HAND TIED BY YOU. </font> This isn’t an Atlantic Salmon fly tying competition so don’t be worried about having the best, most intricate jig. This is about fishing and having fun.
3. Let me know if what you plan on tying. I will update this post with who has joined the swap and what each person will be tying.
4. Tie a total of 12 jigs (you will get one of your own jigs back); this makes it easier to swap out to everyone.
5. Mark all of your jigs with your name and Ifish moniker. This can be a tag on the hook or a slip of paper in a baggie. That way we know who tied each jig.
6. Pack and ship all of your jigs in a padded envelope. Include a padded envelope with the shipping attached to it (the same amount of shipping as it takes to send it to me). If you want delivery confirmation or insurance include that as well.
7. Please have all of your jigs to me by, May 7, 2004 (time may be adjusted based on response of swappers). That will give everyone a little over a month to have his or her jigs tied and shipped to me. My address is:

Todd Kramer
1408 South Denali St. #2
Palmer, AK 99645

8. I will swap them and send them back to you by, May 14, 2004.
9. As I receive the jigs in the mail or as people decide what they are going to tie, I will update this post. That way we can all keep track of progress.
10. If you need any supplies please contact Mark at First Cast Jigs. He is great to work with and can help you with any materials or suggestions. www.firstcastjigs.com
11. If you would like to include an extra jig for Jennie please feel free to do so. I will make sure they are all packaged up and sent to her.

Please feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions at all. Thanks again for participating and have a Great day.

·
Registered
401 Posts
OK...I started on my submission for the jig swap. One of my new favorites. Inspired by two of the best goto fish catchers. First Cast Jigs and my other favorite..sandshrimp. It is a pink/fl.orange schlappen and hackle, pink bead on a 1/0 Owner hook with a 11/32 brass bead head. It worked last year for the local summers and picked up winters this year with a pink 2" zipper worm on it.

[image]
[/image]

Sorry, first attempt at the picture upload thing :redface:. The image quality seemed to have gotten lost in my poor computer skills.

fishin

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fishin - I sure am glad you are in the swap. That looks awesome! :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
Here's my humble submission to the jig swap.

Now I just need to tie a bunch more of them.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ampersat - Those look Fantastic. :bigshock: That is what I love about these swaps... <font color="red"> NEW IDEAS. </font>

I have looked at those eyes before and was curious how the would be on a jig. Now I will know.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kayakfisher - Best way to get started on jigs is to start a seperate thread on jig tying basics. I can provide help in written format but you would gain so much more getting one of the Vancouver Ifishers to give you a quick lesson. They are really easy to tie.

Anyone from Vancouver want to lend Kayakfisher a helping hand?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Kayak,
If you're ever in the Salem area, let me know. I'll show you the ropes.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Kayak,
I'm in Salmon Creek. If you want to hook up, let me know. Maybe we'll tie some and then break them in on the Kalama in my boat.

~steelymann~ :dance:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kayakfisher - You would be wise to take up steelymann on that offer. He has the most beautiful new Willie driftboat you ever saw. :bigshock: :dance:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I'm hoping that you'll wear out my front seat when i get up there next summer Willow. saw some fish caught on the Kalama, we're just long releasing them lately. Still nothing I can bonk in the new boat. First one is going to have to christen it the right way ALL OVER!! :smash: :smash:

~steelymann~

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have not been able to get any of the jigs on the scanner yet so I guess I may just make you all ait till you get them to see them. I have about three styles I am going to put together. So four of you guys will each get one of the three styles. 4 styles X 3 of each = 12 plus one special one for Jennie. Here is a sample of what I have going on.
1/8 oz lead head plated bright silver with a transparent flourescent pink paint over the bright silver head. All white marabou with white thread. this has been a killer for me on early summer runs. Killer in clear water.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry for the confusion in my last post, i have 3 styles and will send 4 of each. Each of my jigs will have a 2/0 owner hook on it. Hey Amp, those buggy jigs look great. I write articles for a couple mags and am going to be going to the umpqua in june for summers and small mouth on a project. I will hammer a ton of fish on that little guy. I will also be going to the McKenzie River. That jig will be just the ticket for those white water steelies.
I like all the jigs I see there cant wait to post some pics of fish on them.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Steelymann - I am really looking forward to it. I think you will agree that Alaska in the summer is about the finest place on earth. We will have to do some serious traveling around this place. I think I hear something...do you hear that? It is the Kenai and the Kasilof calling to us...oh...and the faint cry of the Gulkana. It is going to be a blast. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Spinner Fisher - Sounds Great to me. I look forward to seeing all of them. So what type of paint do you use on the heads?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Willow,
I feel the mileage of my truck going through the roof that summer. Hope everything goes as plans that will land me up there for 10 weeks or so. I look forward to many of fish coming to the boat and swimming off again on their journey (unless they are begging for a BBQ!). Hopefully you can get down here for some action.

Kayak,
Offer still stands. Have next week off (teacher) and will be fishing EVERY day. And yes I'm married to an awesome understanding wife. I can show you how to pour and paint your heads, tie on heads, palmer bodies and just about any thing else you need to know. If you've fished some of the rivers and bought some jigs at the shops, some of them may have been mine (they kill them on the Kalama). Later all and may the jig swap continue to be as properous as the first. Thanks Willow!!

~steelymann~

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
After playing around for a bit, this is what i finally came up with and completed all 12. These jigs are tied with #1 Gamakatsu (wanted Owner but couldn't find any in the #1 size)with a deep purple and Chartreuse butt, Chenille body. Royal blue and purple Saddle Hackle with 9/32 brass bead to finish it all off. I hope this picture works for me.

[image]http://www.ifish.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=740[/image]

CM

·
Registered
428 Posts
steelyman
Hope you don't mind me butting in, I would like to learn to palmer jigs. I have been buying supplies and playing with jig tying and would really appreciate some help.
Randy

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts

Nice! Is that charteuse yarn dubbed in at the tail?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts