IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive used the twenties and thirties for fishing those depths. The jet divers work well with spinners and coyote spoons. I use the twenties for water fifteen to twenty feet deep and the thrities for twenty to thirty, just make sure they are not to close or to far back and Kwikies and alvins dont work well with them because of the added pull, thin bladed spinners and spoons, the 4 0r 5 inch Coyote, in about 18 feet near the Mouth of the Cowlitz is deadly. Stick with the lead for deep water of 30.

Oh Ya, Blue/silver

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh ya, put the diver on a drop leader, I use about two to three feet, hook it up to a slider

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I fished the columbia near the fishery on Monday. We were in 35 feet of water. To get our wobblers down we were using 4-6 ounces lead balls. When back bouncing the lead out it got hung up and I lost 2 or three of them. We moved to 45 ft thinking we were on top of submerged snags and maybe it would help. It did help in not losing anymore weights but still no fish. My question is, would a jumbo jet diver rated to fish at 50 ft be as good or better than using lead balls?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts