IFish Fishing Forum banner

Jet boat reviews

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Bluefinn 
#1 ·
Does Ne1 know of a site that reviews jet boat models from different manufacturers? I had my heart set on a North River, however, on a recent trip to Custom Weld dealer I learned a lot about the custruction of these jet boats and know my mind is looking for more information in order to make the best decision possible.

#7 ·
I would like that link as well. I went to more than a dozen sale's/manufacture’s in a matter of two days. Mark at Motion Marine was very forthcoming on the manufacturing process, got a nice tour of his facility. I got a couple of tours that day and learned a lot. For me it's going to come down to service, dependability, close to home, affordability and reputation. I'm waiting for the boat show. In the mean time, I might venture in a used drift boat. A jet boat is definitely in the future.

#8 ·
The main thing I have learned through three boats is this, there is nothing more important than service after the sale! In a perfect world, the boat we buy will be flawless and will run dang near forever without issue. In reality, we will work through bugs and little nickle and dime things because boats are made from humans and not robots controlled by some super computer.

Find a place that has a well built boat, a close to home dealer so you won't be driving three hours round trip just to drop your floater off, and a place that has great customer servive after the sale. The only real way to find that last tid bit out is to talk to owners and also speak with people that are picking their boat up after service work. You can learn a lot by hanging out at a dealer looking at boats for a couple of hours and chatting with the guys picking their boats up.

Good luck :flowered:

#14 ·
Do not rule out Willie great boat I had one for years.not allot of dealers around but it is a great boat that fishes well tracks great at trolling speed and is made very well.I had one for five years and not one problem.I ran it from white water to tuna fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.