IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'ve bet on fishing- forgive me!

Since old Pete came clean on the baseball thing, I'm coming out too.

I have in my past been involved in betting on fishing.
Thease bets had everything to do with the outcome of our fishing trip.
I have in the past "thrown' a fishing trip to cover the pounds spread on the bet.
Yes, I have bet on my own fishing.
Please understand that there were parties involved that compelled me to keep betting once I was down money to them.
I cann't name anyone for fear of my saftey.

I offer my apolgy to all Ifishers and I hope the Mods will not ban me for life from the boards.
Regards,
Jason

P.S.
I've even have knocked fish off with the net to "throw" the bet.
I hope on one else suffers from this illness too.

[ 01-07-2004, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: Pete ]

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Re: I\'ve bet on fishing- forgive me!

your a sick man,and you will never make the hall of fame . As a therapist I recommend you go to confession so you can be forgiven. And stop drinkin so early !!!

· Registered
8,349 Posts

Yeah, but did you lie about it for years and years despite heavy circumstantial evidence that you did so?

And what was your motivation to come clean now? Is it because you needed to cleanse, or was it for a book deal, not to mention trying to get in the Hall of Fame?

Pete finally figured it all out. He was the last person to realize nobody believed him!

:cheers:

· Registered
970 Posts

I see no problem with knocking fish off with a net, Heck I might have done it once. I've seen fish pre released with a buddies cigarette(not mine) and I saw a guy fighting a fish ask his buddies for the net, he got it over his head with the ring pinning his arms to his sides, he didn't win the most fish that day.

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Yes, knocked 2 fish off my buddys line.
He was a real poor winner.
So he had it coming.
He always landed more fish than me, a fact he wouldn't ever let me forget. Ever!
So one time when he started the talk, I decided first fish he gets I'm gonna knock it loose with the net.
Then be real sorry.
Like, Ha! Ha! I'm sorry, looks like were still tied.
He knew he had it coming, and laughed hard.
He was ticked on the 2nd one, but let up on the trash talk after that.

· Registered
363 Posts

Such honesty, it makes me think of the time I cut the point off my buddies drift gear hook when he went to the John. He missed three takes before he checked then I started feeling bad. I still out fished him even if we would have counted his missed takes. That got my self esteem to a point where I don't have to do those dirty type of antics anymore even though I think about it often.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.