IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reloading hunting ammo is therapeutic.

But measuring 71 charges of 84.5 grains by hand gets old. I normally don't load more than 20 in one sitting

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

· Registered
8,634 Posts
Yea that would get tiring I do like my auto dispenser. I just double check every 3rd load.

· Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that would get tiring I do like my auto dispenser. I just double check every 3rd load.
7828 SSC definitely meters better than the old full cut. I've just always hand measured everything.

Loading for three 300Wby caught up to me though!

Reactions: Oregon Fowl Life

· Registered
546 Posts
I keep thinking the auto-measure device might be fun but I like the manual balance scale and one at a time...while listening to a hunting podcast and cranking out some rounds.

I only use the periodic measurement technique on .223 plinking ammo.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,674 Posts
Backfire on you tube just did a comparison of like 5 of the auto dispensers around 500$

I think I’ll wait til I can afford a good one to pair with my fx 120, I am glad I decided against an auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
14,642 Posts
Middle aged problems.

I enjoy all parts of the reloading process (Save trimming brass to length. That sucks). As my eyes get older, looking at a scale becomes more challenging.

After my most recent go round of loading, I will put an electronic scale on my birthday present list.

More than one gray haired reloading friend have told me same experiences for them. So at least I'm in good company.

· Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Middle aged problems.

I enjoy all parts of the reloading process (Save trimming brass to length. That sucks). As my eyes get older, looking at a scale becomes more challenging.

After my most recent go round of loading, I will put an electronic scale on my birthday present list.

More than one gray haired reloading friend have told me same experiences for them. So at least I'm in good company.
I have a cheap Hornady electric scale. I reset it at the start of each session with the 100gr weight. I also tare the aluminum pan about every 10 charges.

Never had any issues until recently.....it started showing -0.5gr regularly when i pulled the pan off. Changed the battery, problem solved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts