IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first retirement check yesterday. After 90 days I was starting to wonder. So now it's official I'm a Siuslaw River fish acholic for the next 2 months. Come on fish I'm ready. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Congrats trap50! :cheers: I'm going at 55, so only have 15 months 23 days, but who's counting!!! :wink:

Dipnet :grin:

[ 08-28-2003, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Dipnet ]

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Being retired is great,wait till you find out how much time you DON"T HAVE !!!
:dance:
you'll wonder how you managed to work in all that work around the house while you were working and thought you didn't have time.For some reason my fishing time has gone down :shrug: but it is definatly more quality time cus I don't have to worry about going back to work or what day is it
or what time is it, our are my days off over already :depressed: am I on graveyard again ??,Nope RETIRED IS GREAT !!!.
Bob

[ 08-28-2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: dawhunt ]

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
A large CONGRAT`S!! Only 15 to go for myself, if ever. Enjoy!! Fishft.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
10,950 days, or until I hit the lottery :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
My father retired last May... what a life..
check each month... builds rods, fishes week days (what the heck is that like?)
He deserves it! The wost part is the calls on his cell phone from the river shortly after he lands a fish!
I received 13 calls this week.. it was torture!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Trap50, congrats on retirement and best wishes.

I could have bailed out some time ago but have been procrastinating.

All kinds of excuses - not certain where I want to settle/move to [definitely not Boise!]; need to do alot around the house before I put it on the market; want to sell "old" [2001] boat and buy new one [different set up] before I bail out; and the list goes on. :depressed:

Guess what it comes down to is the insecurity [for me] to deal with a new location, alone. Wasn't a problem in my youth when I moved every 6 months from seasonal job to seasonal job, but this is definitely different. And it's tough to give up a great career that spanned 35+ years.

So, my hat is off to you and to TH's father. It sounds as though you've both found the good life. :bowdown: :dance: :cheers:

Hopefully I can get my act together, and gain the courage to make that big step in life....I'm certainly ready for a life of fishing whenever I damn well please, rather than waiting for a weekend or vacation.

Dean

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Your right, it is a great life. You stay busy, but you are in no hurry to get it done. You can only remember it is Sunday, because that is the day the paper is so thick. You spend 30 days fishing at Bouy 10 and say I think I am sick of fishing. And you are, but I think it will only last untill the first Fall CH shows up off the mouth of Tillamook Bay. Belive me it is a great life, BUT YOUNG PEOPLE PLAN FOR IT, DON;T WORRY ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE BUT WORRY ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU PUT AWAY FOR RETIREMENT!! Enjoy, I sure am. Jerry

·
Registered
234 Posts
Retirement is great should have done it sooner. :cheers: :cheers:

Good fishin Arch

·
Registered
182 Posts
2 years, 11 months, and 2 weeks.....goin at 52 while theres still plenty of fish fightin energy in my future. Way to go Trap!!!! FOr now, I'm jealous..... :cheers: RUss

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Trap50, don't rush into anything until the fishing dies off a little. You have time to put all those little things on the back burner for a few weeks at least.

Jerry Dove has it right, plan ahead and put some of your payroll in the bank or into some sort of investments. Pay yourself each month and retirement will be much brighter. I'M down to 1104 ( about ) days and can hardly wait.

Just the thought of fishing during the week keeps me going.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 20 of 20 Posts