IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you procrastinated like I did :blush: . If you shunned the masses and feared for you anchor line :wink: , there's good news, there are still some shad at OC. I had promised all springer season, to my nephew Mario, that I'd get him out for shad. Wednesday night I made good on the promise. He hadn't really fished before, but didn't take long to demonstrate that he had been born to the task. This is his catch for the night.

He picked-out his own lure,an old-fashioned yellow shad dart, and it outfished everthing else we tried. I'm sure the action was fast and furious a couple weeks ago, but two rods kept Mario busy once the evening bite started.
We were just off the mouth of the Clack, in 17 feet of water, using the small jet divers. Now Mario wants to see how we use that shad to catch crab.

[ 06-20-2003, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Red ]

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
The smiles say everything. A picture is worth a thousand words!! :cheers: :dance:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That picture is great. The boy will look back at that photo in years to come and remember the fun times he had. TAKE A KID FISHING!!!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
now that's :cheers: 1 of the best best pix around!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts