IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not a 50 lb\'er but it will do..9/7 (pic)

I Couldn't sleep last night cause I was thinking about all the fish we were going to catch in the morning, Oh how I was wrong. I met up with ZaQ at O'dark thirty just so we could fish the honey hole but no honey there today, we moved around about 3 more times and couldn't find anything to bite.......started to poke our nose around a bit and found out that the bite was just off "BUMMER" :depressed:

Now it's the last hour of the tide, we head over to Frenchmen's bar to search for ****** so we could anchor next to him and offer him some of our cold ones, :cheers: but he was nowhere in sight.......maybe next time Mr. ******

Anyhow, we dropped anchor and started to rot on the water, Here's where it gets interesting knowing that no one was catching fish on wobblers I thought why not offer the Kings something different. I get my springer box and break out old reliable (Chartreuse tipped K-15) juiced him up really, really, really good (no wrap).......Zaq and I give each other the OH YA look and down he went, THROB, THROB, THROB, THROB, THROB 15 min later, pound down brown cow, Ya! pay dirt......34 pounds of sweet justice. :dance:

Frenchmen's Bar 9/7/03

By this time the current is gone and 1 fish in the box, we should have just used kwikies all day....something to think about fellow Ifisher's. I think I'm going to give these kwikies a little more playing time.

Does anyone else use kwik fish for the fall nooks?

Bobby

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Re: It's not a 50 lb\'er but it will do..9/7 (pic)

Once in a while..If I am fishing three rods in the boat,, one gets flatfish or something else.

Nice fish,,hope we can do some like that on Thursday.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts

My My what BIG hands you have... With hands like those you should... (oh nevermind) :wink: Nice fish! :grin:

UG

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

Nice save. Heard it was a tough day. Way to go.

·
Registered
352 Posts

:grin: :dance: :cheers: nice fish Bobby. Hope to see ya out there on Thursday got my HALL PASS now to find that boat ride.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts

That was some morning, I thought we were going to end up blanking. Saw a few familiar faces out there, hope they did well. We saw one other fish caught today, and it was our friend that was anchored right next to us. That's some fish! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

Nice fish Bobby.
We fished Astoria Bridge all day and out of 6 or 7 chances, we brought home two keeper coho about 10lbs each.

[ 09-07-2003, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: skrimmy ]

·
Registered
12,178 Posts

Fall fish don't eat Kwikfish....wrapped or unwrapped :wink: .....WHAT were you thinking???? :grin:

up until last year I only owned 1 Alvin.. :wink:

·
Banned
7,726 Posts

We use way more Kwikfish for fall fish than for Springers on the Rogue and Umpqua.

Was going to mention that on a recent GI Joe's thread but figured what's the use. :shrug:

Nice fish!!!

[ 09-07-2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Straydog ]

·
Registered
16,802 Posts

WOW, that's beautiful!
What a great fish on such a pokey day out there - congrats :cheers:

It does pay to try something different - especially on dead days.

·
Registered
638 Posts

That could be the closest fish to 50 lbs that was caught today! :cheers:

Great fish on a very slow weekend.

-Steve

·
Registered
3,970 Posts

Now knock that off. :hoboy: I can't fish til Tuesday and now I'm won't be able to get any work done tomorrow. Nice fish.
No carrot juice????

·
Registered
3,792 Posts

Outstanding!

S

·
0 Posts

Whew!!!! What a fish! Good job guys

[ 09-07-2003, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Stew ]

·
Registered
2,702 Posts

Nice fish!! :cheers: We tried kwikfish yesterday and today, but didn't do us any good. :depressed: Glad they worked for you! I did catch a nice 41" sturgeon and 4 others in the 20"-36" range!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

This kings for you. :cheers:

Sounds like the whole system was slow.
I hope it picks up this week, looking forward to seeing some of you out there on Thursday.

Bobby

·
Registered
11,223 Posts

:dance: Nice fish Brother :dance:

I hope it picks up cause I got a Mon-Fri pass :grin:

·
Registered
327 Posts

nice fish bobby-ray. old reliable came through nicely...... sincerely droughting in colorado steve

·
Registered
14,699 Posts

Beautiful fish Bobby. Way to go with what you know works!

WTG :cheers:

·
Registered
5,685 Posts

Beautiful fish BNB, I'll be out the next two days and , maybe I'll take the kwikies out if the Wobblers aren't getting it done. A buddy of mine got one about 20 lbs yesterday and the boat next to him had 8 hits and boated 5. A trick they were doing is running double Alvins. The second one hookless 3 feet from the bottom one inline on his leader. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts