IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so it's bear season, YES!!! One down, and one to go. My hunting buddy and I got one on Saturday on private property, and that was all we were allowed to get. Soooo, would anyone be willing to tell me where I may be able to find a bear? I'm hoping to find one before elk season opens.

I would be willing to exchange areas with someone, I have a pretty good area for later in the season, the berries just aren't ripe yet. It's not top secret, but there should be some bears in there once the berries are ready.

I'd like to stay in the general eugene area, but I'd be willing to go as far as reedsport, florence, basically within an hour and a half of eugene.

Feel free to PM me with info if you don't want to post it here.

Thanks in advance,

~hhm

· Registered
3,148 Posts
In the Mackenzie Unit, check out upper Foley ridge, also check out Grass hopper (look at a map) sorry no details! Grass Hopper has lots of bears! ENOUGH said! I'm probably gonna get blasted from a friend if he see's this post!:shrug: O'well:shrug: Good Luck! Keep us posted!

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Siuslaw River Road and Wolf Creek drainage. Try those areas, both are one in the same essentially. I can't give anymore specifics details for fear of Santiam killing me ;)

There are a ton of bears out there though..... Find a cut and park your behind. Just wait, they'll come out eventually! Best success that I've seen is to get in behind those pesky yellow gates. You'll have to walk but it'll be a payoff in the end.

From the land of Big Sticks,

Osulogger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.