IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to head on over to the Wilson today. Headed out about 5 this morning. The snow started coming down pretty good around North Plains. Figured, what the heck, I'll just take it slow and easy. Turned out the roads weren't that bad. Some compact snow and ice on the summit, but otherwise, you could cruise about 40 mph without any problems.
Got down to the Wilson and hit the river at legal fishing time. Done by 9:40.

It was worth the drive. Just might have to do it again tomorrow.

Ran into dogfishboy on the river. Good to see you David.

· Registered
21,998 Posts
Beautiful fish Bill. :bowdown: Nice way to start the new year. Sure beats eating smelt. :shocked:

· Registered
878 Posts
We also drove over to the coast yesterday. It was quite a trip for us. Headed towards the NF and my four wheel was out so put chains on the truck. Came off three times and then just before our destination one set broke. Three hours later fishing. Only kept one as wanted to stay and fish. Went four for four and missed a couple nice strikes...just flat blew it. Decided to drive back on HWY 30 as it is lower elevation for the most part. Had to try out my new breathable waders...was a great experience. Long day but beautiful.
<)))><

· Registered
1,036 Posts
Nice to see you again too, Bill. You gave me hope that I too might one day entice a winter steelie with "the power of the pink worm". I just need to give the worm more water time. Nothing else after you left.

As I mentioned, life has been very full and it has limited my water time. I tend to stay away from Ifish when I know I can't fish. It's like being on a diet and trying not to look at the scrumptious chocolate cake on the counter. If I don't look maybe I won't be tempted. :wink: :grin:

I fully intend to make up for lost time this spring though!!!

Well done, Bill.

David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.