IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If nothing else works easily, why not buy a 1 inch hole saw and make it standard? Or take it by Clackacraft and have them bore you a new 1 inch hole. I bet they'd do that for nothing.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I got some odd size boat plugs at Hi-School pharmacy in Independence a while back. I can check and see if they have that size. You may want to email me to remind me. MM

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Good idea, Silver Hilton, but don't try to use a Hole saw. A hole saw either needs a guide bit or a drill press to hold it. If you have a Forstner bit and a slow drill, you might try that, but it might be a wrist snapper. A tapered Uni-bit with a maximum diameter of 1" would get you there the safest.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I was wondering cause the 1" doesn't fit (Too Bog) and the half is too small, but I don't think I have ever seen a 3/4. Its for my Clackacraft DB inside the boat plug.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
My old Alumadrifter had 3/4" plugs in it. Try Fishermans Marine and Outdoors or Stevens Marine.

I had one of those emergencies once where the only store open was GI Joes. As usual, they didn't have what I needed so I bought some 1/2" plugs and a roll of electrical tape and built
the 1/2 inchers up with the electrical tape. I think I ended up using those same plugs for about a year and 1/2 before I finally decided to replace them with the proper ones. Worked Fine.

If nothing else call Clackacraft. If they drilled the hole, they should have the plug.

As a last resort, you could always try a wine bottle cork. :grin:

[ 10-22-2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Tanner ]

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
I'd ask Clackacraft, but it sounds like a baitwell plug.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
No its not a bait well and Clacka went to 1" in the 90's,

Thanks for the resposes though but I will keep looking.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Its not too hard guys. I have plugs in every 1/8" A Dougs Boats in Woodinville. Try your local west marine??

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I had the same predicament. HAve you tried turning the lever deal clockwise to widen out the plug. Thats what i did and it fit snug.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I got a 15/16" at the local alumaweld dealer in bend, try a marine dealer, it was a little small but by turning the top clockwise I got it to fit just fine. Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts