IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if I get some response to this I am driven over tomorrow after work and spend the weekend and fish the Sandy, At 2.00 a gallon I hope it's worth my time, and than IT'S ALWAYS WORTH MY TIME.
I DONT WANT TO BE AROUND ANY SNAGGERS OR THREE TOOTH PEOPLE.
Just read the sandy post!!

So this is my request from all in the know

How Is The Fishing?? Worth 40.00 in gas, Or Stay at home and wish???

Thanks Guys Tight Lines RIVER-RAT.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I am hearing good reports. Won't be able to check it out until Saturday. The river is fishable, but freezing level going back up - so it could silt up.

Call Jack's Snack 'N Tackle at (503) 665-2257 to get a report on river conditions before you head out to make the trip. Usually there until mid-afternoon.

[ 09-18-2003, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Navigator ]

·
Registered
882 Posts
The water was good yesterday and there are plenty of fish to be had, as well as plenty of people to compete with. I havent seen any snaggers yet but Im sure they are around. Up high the bite seems to be best early and late with mid day slowing a bit. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Well, I did make it out this morning. Nothing. About 20-30 working the hole I was at and it was all on the up and up. Talked to one guy that caught and released 2 Chinook on bait at first light and that was it. The coho were locked jawed. I fished it from just after first light until 9:30 am. Stuck with spinners - just not hitting. Not a lot of fish rolling - which encouraged me. What fish I did see roll were beautiful looking. Water is loooooow - a bit of silt color but very fishable.

I just can't seem to figure out these fish.

What made Thursday so hot and today so cold - well, besides my being there :whazzup: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts