IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Sandy driftable? I have looked at the water levels and there low. :whazzup: Has anybody drifted it? Is it driftable? Any fish caught, other then Cedar Creek.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Sure the sandy is driftable... you will bang in a couple spots. The lower river is more forgiving at low flows.. but the skinny spots below oxbow are... the following, just below the launch at ox- you might have to drag there, and then the tree that is hangin' out over the river, go all the way to the right and get a pump'n, you will pull away befor the tree rips your rods out of the boat. Last week I had to drag in those 2 spots.. and I have a Clackacraft.. As for the fishing, I would venture to say its a first light bite... and Oxbow don't open till 6... so even if you pump hard you won't hit the powerline till 7 and that is way after 1st light.... so that means nothing, if you are the 1st boat.. I bet there are a few around... A good thing with the sandy is they tend to hold in PREDICTABLE holes.(less water) IMO Good luck!

·
Registered
676 Posts
floated it sunday with no problems,just stay to the right of the tree in the water,didnt have to pull it over any gravel bars at all,didnt touch a thing and saw none caught but started kinda late 8:30am

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to float Oxbow to dabnee this weekend. any suggestions. Plugs,sidedrift,diver and bait? what works well this time of year? Doesn't sound like it matters. ( ie no fish caught.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts