IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pile of smoked salmon in my freezer. I take some to work every now and than and the nurses love it. The department is having a Holiday Craft bazarre and many people want me to bring in some smoked salmon for that. I don't know if it is legal or not to sell salmon that has been smoked. I know I can't sell it fresh or whole, but if I modify it can I? The bazarre is a few months away and I don't want to do anything illegal..........anyone know the rules FOR SURE? :shrug:

Thanks a bunch for the info! :cheers:

[ 09-29-2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: ZaQ ]

·
Registered
348 Posts
ZaQ,
You don't have a license. No you can't legally sell it but who really cares as long as you are not selling pounds of it and are not catching it just to sell.....Who out there really cares???

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Uh...I suspect that the ODFW cares as well as the OSP. Maybe you could put together some corky/yarn lures, Zaq. Sell them for $5 apiece and throw in a package of smoked salmon for free.

We care that you are encouraging an illegal activity, Oversize, as it is against the AUP.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, that is what I was looking for. I could sell them a spinner and GIVE them some smoke salmon with it. Thanks for the replies, I guess I need to make some spinners for the craft bazarre.

:wink:

·
Registered
327 Posts
well ZAQ I would have no problem with some of that smoked salmon here in colorado...REMEMBER always remember your friends... sincerely droughting in colorado steve :grin: :grin: :grin: :wink:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Zaq, Here's an idea...make those spinners double as earrings :shrug: The nurses would love that too :grin:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Make it easy on yourself Z... just sell autographed pics of you on the beach with that last fish you caught and throw in a bag of smoked salmon

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
709 Posts
You may just want to list it as "smoked salmon $x.xx donation." When I was a kid, our church used to have a spaghetti feed and while I am sure they did not have a liquor license, they sold wine for a $x.xx donation. Everyone "donated" :smile:
:grin: RIPPLE :grin:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
How about selling vaccum seal bags and with the sale of the bags you will include some free smoked salmon
. Think the OSP even knows who you are? By the way should have checked the box idiot :tongue: .................Chris

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking about that, vaccuum bags and brown sugar. The salmon is free. Hmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
89 Posts
There wouldn't be any notice until someone gets a belly ache and complains. Then you would have a law suit and everyone on your back. It just isn't worth it. Enjoy it, share it with friends, family and of course Ifish buddies. Be careful!!!! Medical bills are not cheep!!!

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
I'm pretty sure if you donated it, it would take the problem right out of your hands. They can do whatever they want with donated goods.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
You aren't selling it right? You are donating it. It isn't any different than donating a cake at a bake sale. If you aren't taking any money for it no one will care and the Church/Hospital/whoever takes the responsibility for anything they sell.

If you are keeping the money could be a problem selling wild game. Give it to me, I'll donate it! :grin: :wink:

[ 10-01-2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Miss B Haven ]

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Get your license to sell it, $350.00 a year and must be bonded with min. of $1000.00

I checked in to it buddy...looks like you'll be selling flies.

Bobby

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

A "Church" sold wine? Unbelievable.

At least Jesus knew who he wanted as his top disciples - fishermen. But wine sold to people by a "church"? That's got to be untrue. Tell me it is.

SKP

·
Registered
50 Posts
ZaQ,
You're missing a huge opportunity. Package up some carrot milk and you'll have ifishers all over that bazarre clammoring to spend their money! :smile:

-Salmonman

1 - 20 of 23 Posts