IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a bunch of jerks... I hope whoever it is that lurks here and fishes the hole that I fish, gets to read this. I want to thank you! :mad:

Thanks for leaving about 200 yards of line laying on the bank. I am sure that the ducks would appreciate that too... Thanks for cleaning your fish in the pool that had the polywogs and salamanders in it. My son thanks you too, and so does his little cousin. That water that they play-fished in when they were bored now smells like an overfilled outhouse because some jerk, and I use that term loosely, decided that it was a good idea to clean fish on property that isn't even his, and leave the guts and stuff right there...
I live down there. If you can't find a little more respect, then stay in Salem or where ever it is you are from. Fish at Wirth lake. It really makes me mad that people treat places like it. It has only been like this since I have posted my good fortune here... It is about enough that I am going to stop fishing that hole. Its getting as bad as the Mill City Bridge...

Then we have to explain to the property owner that it isn't us, the guys he gave permission to fish there...

Once agan, I know you are out there reading North Santiam posts, and this is for you

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Have at him Tag if you catch up to him let him have it. Tell him how hard his actions make it for others to get permission and the list of other problems those type actions cause. Keep up the good fishing with the kids and friends. Try hard not to let a dummy ruin the enjoyment.

[ 06-27-2003, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
384 Posts
But really now, there have been ******** among the fishing population of the NF Santiam for decades, long before the internet. And while I've read and enjoyed your reports, Tag, I never have recalled you posting any particular spot that you've had your success. Sorry for your experience, but it's the same on too many of our rivers. If the good folks pack out more than they take in, we may be able to offer some relief to these waters.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I've got to agree with Boo on this one. I've fished the North for a long time and there have been quite a group of scum from the bottom of the gene pool long before Al Gore invented the internet. :rolleyes:

The timing on this may just be coincidence.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Wet_Willy,

I'm not sure you can blame the internet in general or informative fishing messages on Ifish in particular for Tag-a-long finding line and fish carcasses on the river bank.

As an example, many of the folks who complain about good fishing reports on Ifish were the same folks arguing that it was a good thing to clean fish on the banks and leave the carcasses in the water.

Some folks are considerate, some arent't, not sure you can draw any conclusions from that.

Brion

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, see I knew it would get twisted out of shape...

I am not blaming this on the internet... It may have been a big coincidencs, but it seems odd that I post and more show up. Drive all the way from Salem with Amerman eggs and prawns, just like my post.I just want to get the point across to whoever it is that is reading stuff here to take their garbage with them or stay home. Don't take it like I want nobody else there. If you get there before me and have permission, fine, just don't leave garbage and clean your fish in my backyard...

[ 06-27-2003, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: tag-a-long ]

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree Tag-A-Long fully. Don't stop posting because of these jerks. NOT because I want to fish your hole either. I don't think I've even read your posts; I'm fairly new to ifish. There's loads of information on this site and lots of it isn't directly to specific hot spots.
That's not what fishing is all about! Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I've been reading your posts trying to figure out where you have been fishing but you haven't left any clues. :grin: I haven't made it up to the santiam yet this year but I plan to soon. Too bad people are so thoughtless and lazy. When I go, I'll bring a bag a long and fill it with garbage on my way out. Not everyone from Salem is bad. Keep after those fish and keep posting....you guy's are doing awesome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts