IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just became a member of Ifish after my husband got tired of me trying to read over his shoulder. :rolleyes:
We live up in the Seattle area and are getting back into fishing after taking a couple years off to have kids. We've not fished much down here but fished for a couple years in Alaska. It's definately a different type of fishing when you're with kids. But we're trying to start them early.

I've enjoyed going down to the Columbia for springers although the drive would be shorter if we had actually caught something besides a sucker fish...we just need to put in our time :depressed:

My question is regarding fishing on some of the rivers up here...Skagit, Skykomish, Snohomish etc... Are these rivers too far north for the Ifish forum? Or does anybody have words of wisdom or hot spots. Thanks

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The Skykomish has been a consistant producer over the years. Stop at the tackle shop in Monroe for details on where, when, and what to use.
It has a good run of steelhead and a decent salmon run.
Good fishing from Monroe up to Reeder Ponds. Above Reeder it gets a little tougher fishing.

·
Registered
16,602 Posts
Welcome betterhalf, it's always nice to have other ladies join. Even though this is the most wonderful fishing website on the internet (kudos to Jen) there is another pretty good web site that seems to cater more towards the Washington rivers around your area and it is called piscatorial pursuits, here is the url
http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

Feel free to ask away here but the other is a good opion as well.

JK

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Better half, welcome to Ifish. Another site for that area is www.steelheader.net. It's a bulletin board like this one with lots of anglers in your area. Piscatorial pursuits is also good. A lot of the same people converse on all three. :cheers:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome - Don't forget that this is a Pink year where fishing from the beach is the norm in Puget Sound.

Beach Fishing is a lot more fun with kids than fishing from a boat. They can run when they get bored and you can fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts