IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
13,724 Posts
they are call lightning trout. we use to catch them in californa they are rased in a hatchery from red bluff or something like that they are bred with the albino gean. they can get quite large. the same hatchery also breads a trout that gets big I am talking really big. We use to catch them at Santa Ana lakes in LA rp

· Registered
297 Posts
lightning trout ... that's a good one. this same fish is very common in japan below mt. fuji. they call them yellow trout and they are famous in the area, but i think they are really sweetfish (Plecoglossus altivelis). ususally they only get that big in captivity, i think they are related to atlantic salmon. where was this picture taken? or else there's a chance the rest of you guys are right. here's a picture of one, but they look identical to trout from the side too. taken below mt fuji.

· Registered
267 Posts
if these are triploids they can get very big for they are neutered. as in they cant reproduce so they keep eating and growing during most trouts spawning times. when they are eggs they are put in warmer water for 10 minutes to do this. In the wild this same thing can happen and biologist think this is what happens to most lakes record trout.

· Registered
1,322 Posts
I'm going after some triploids in some private lakes tomorrow, but I'm not expecting to catch any of that coloration. I have heard those called golden rainbows and seen some pics. Nice looking fish...was that one caught on a san juan worm?

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i caught a few off the san juan worm and the three weight rod,they fight a little on the week side i can't tell if its because they are lazy or just too big to fight well but they lack the speed of a reel trout.i got a few off the rubber crappie jig on the ultralite spinning setup.these fish did come from the oregon fishing club property but not on the trask.I just thought you guys might want to see a freeky but beautifull fish

· Registered
620 Posts
I wish I could see all fish this well. Sure would make things easier for me.

Maybe I would have better luck fishing for fish I can see.

Great pics... thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.