IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8,641 Posts
Yep it kind of makes me sad. We were just taking about this the other day I am as guilty as any one about hunting toys. When were kids we would grab a PB sandwich and apple a few rounds a pocket knife and go. Now I have so many hunting toys calls and clothes I can't decide what to take and I am not rich. The it was about any size deer now it's all about the horns. :hoboy: Although I will say this I have yet to hunt a private fenced in ranch with a massage therpist but at the age I am getting the massage therpist is starting to sound good :dance:

· Registered
12,972 Posts
"You can have an $8000 hunting jacket & not have a hunters heart".....SO TRUE!!!

We can debate the new "gadgets" 'till we're blue in the face, but it'd still about the outdoors, wildlife, companionship, takin' a kid and seein' his/her facelight up and occasionally gettin' some game!!!

BTW my duck blind has a mud floor!!

But I love my final approach(s) :laugh:

· Registered
1,958 Posts
I've recently had this same thought about duck hunting. As a freelancer, it seems the options are slowly, but ever so surely, slipping away (The tract out by Boardman called Boeing, or BPA, or .. can't remember, and 1,000 Acres too).

I'd hate to see it become a rich man's game.

MarshBum

· Halibut
2,967 Posts
I think the more we respect what we have the less it will be taken away and handed over to the rich.

I know one old [petunias!] who fills tags like a poacher (during hunting season only so I guess he's OK in some hunters books) with a meat quota for a food chain. The favorite reason he has is the claim that hunting is going to just be for the rich in the future.

I tell him and that's because of people like him who have that attitude and do what he does. I think he thinks he's in a minority so has very little impact. WAIT.. I'm on a rant here. Sorry.

I'm going out today to set up my tent where I'm going to try and find a bull starting Saturday morning. Not many animals per square mile but I think I'll enjoy making the effort.

A lot of my appreciation of big game hunting comes from knowing how expensive it would be if I lived in Sweden where my folks were born and raised.

SB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.