IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were by far our favorite daily use resources when we cruised the inside passage. Both out of print hard to find and therefore pricey.

Light Product Font Line Screenshot

Product Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thank you! One of these years I'm going to do it. Still don't have the right boat, but I will. I started a second savings account that has a stipulation I can only draw from it once a year, any date of my choosing. This is my Alaska boat fund. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! One of these years I'm going to do it. Still don't have the right boat, but I will. I started a second savings account that has a stipulation I can only draw from it once a year, any date of my choosing. This is my Alaska boat fund. Can't wait!
Love your plan! The 6 foot fold out map hung on my office wall for a year and I dreamed about it almost daily fir 2 years :0)

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
yep ;-) Any of the Douglas books are gold put to printed page !

·
Registered
374 Posts
Moknots, did you use the Waggoner cruising guide, any review? The Waggoner store does have maps that are similar at 2' x 5' for the inside passage and SE Alaska. Our plan is to go summer of 23.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moknots, did you use the Waggoner cruising guide, any review? The Waggoner store does have maps that are similar at 2' x 5' for the inside passage and SE Alaska. Our plan is to go summer of 23.
Sorry, have not looked at those. Do you have a link to the 2’x5’ map, I didn’t see that one but it sounds good

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, I forgot to mention the USForest Service map of the Tongass National Forest. It is a wonderful overview of SE Alaska from Ketchikan to Skagway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Waggoner is good for BC, especially for marinas, but does not cover much of SE AK. For anchorage information I like the Douglass cruising guides, two for BC and one for SE Alaska. Here's another foldout map to give you an overall view:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts