IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ODFW’s new Conservation Planning Coordinator (fish division) is Kevin Goodson. He is from the Newport office and was the Assistant Fish Biologist for that district. He begins his duties on the 17th of November.
If anyone could provide any insight as to his qualities and his demeanor regarding fish and habitat conservation or have worked with him in the past, I would appreciate the input.

·
Registered
17,215 Posts
That name looked familiar.

It came up in that "Limited Wild Steelhead Kill Fishery" in the quote:

"According to Kevin Goodsen, Oregon Department of Fisheries and Wildlife officer at the Newport office, the Siletz, Rouge, and Umpqua are the only three rivers in Oregon which have true native summer steelhead runs."

To which I replied with a reminder about couple eastside rivulets called the Deschutes and John Day.

I suspect the quote attributed to him was directed at coastal rivers only - not statewide. Otherwise he would be a little too 'coastal-centric' :shocked: I truly doubt that's the case. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts