IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Fred Meyers in Canby last night and saw that they a bunch of spinning and casting rods for 50% off. The rods were Lamiglass, Southbend, Diawa, etc. for everything from salmon/steelhead to sturgon to trout. For a person looking to get started and save some money you should go look.

JK

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yep. I saw some berkeley Buzz Ramsey rods here at the Fred Meyer in Tillamook for %50 off and cleaned house. A little too slow on the Shimano's though. I'm sure there's more in Portland.

·
Registered
300 Posts
All the regional Freddy's are having blowouts right now. I picked up a 12-25 lb lamiglass salmon/stealhead rod for 35 bucks and my buddy got a lami fly rod for the same price. Pretty great deals. Also on lami sturgeon rods, just really everything including combo's.

I asked a guy what the deal was and he said that Krogers bought them out and since they are mainly just grocer's that they have a different direction they want to take Freddy's I guess. I told him they don't know their arse from their elbow about the NW region if they are taking away all the fishing equipt., but that I'd be glad to pick up this lami for 35 bucks. :smile:

(I also saw a 14 ft bank rod for 50 bucks, really good deals, check it out)

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Take a close look at the guide wrap on any of these less expensive rods, especially the big names. Watch for open areas around the guide foot that would allow water to enter and for places on the thread that are not completely covered.

I think you could touch-up the less than covered areas with Flexcoat epoxy or another equal product.

Take a good close look at more than the cork and guide alignment when you buy these rods. There can be a lot of variance from rod to rod.

[ 04-24-2003, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts