IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Administrator
119,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been so upset this morning, and didn't know if I should be the one to announce this, but I'm just going to. People deserve to know.

This, in my e mail:

Hi Jennie,

I am writing with my deepest regrets to announce the recent passing away of Mr. Carmen Macdonald, beloved partner at Vaunt Marketing, LLC, on Sunday, February 5th, 2017.

The company is deeply sorrowful for this loss. Carmen was an excellent, highly experienced and well-loved marketer in the outdoor industry. He was instrumental in providing successful industry-leading marketing and branding campaigns to all of Vaunt Marketing’s clients. He was well-respected throughout the outdoor industry for his integrity, honesty, hard work ethic, deep understanding of the industry and complete commitment to our clients businesses.
There was more, but it's personal.

I do not know what will happen with the booth this year. I may just end up sending your kwikfish to you, rather than do the show, this year.

For all of you on the board, he was known as "Cosmo".

I am deeply saddened, confused, and in shock, frankly. I have been so honored to work with Carmen for so many years I can't count. I loved him dearly. A wonderful man, and a wonderful contributor to our fishing industry.

This morning, I was all busy, doing my ifish work, and trying to work out how many tickets I needed for the volunteers.
I briefly noticed a PM that was titled, "Horrible News".
I thought, "Before I read horrible news, I need to write to Carmen about the tickets."
I did that, and hit send. Carmen will never read my e mail.
I went back to my PM's and a friend of Carmen had written to me about the horrible news.

I'm still in shock, you guys.

Thank you,

Jen

Please feel free to write your special memories of this dear man, below.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Prayer for all who knew him and family sent:pray:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
That's really sad. I never knew Carmen personally, only through Ifish, but I always enjoyed reading his posts. I know he really changed some thoughts I had about the whole hatchery/wild fish debate.

Thoughts to his family and friends.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Prayers for his family. I've had conversations both on ifish and on the phone with Carmen and his insights into fisheries management were exceptional. I'll miss is point blank and no spin takes.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Sorry to hear that you have lost a friend and Ifish has lost a part of what makes it great. I did not know him, but always found value in his posts. I'm sure he will be missed by many.

Orion

·
Registered
306 Posts
Never in a billion years would I have expected this.

Carmen was a friend, angling mentor, employee, competitor and all-around great guy that invested most of his life into sportfishing.

He taught me so much, and showed me many of his secret spots.

In memory, I suggest we consider officially naming his favorite Springer spot on the Willamette, just off Cedaroak boat ramp, as "Carmen's Point." He'd be fishing that spot in his drift boat with his kids every evening in April...and he knew how to fish it better than anyone.

My condolences to his wife, children and family.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I truly great soul...the world will be a darker place without him. I did know him as well as some, but what I did know of him was enough to call him a friend. Godspeed Carmen....

·
Premium Member
22,146 Posts
Re: In loving remembrance of Carmen McDonald

Very difficult news...
Thoughts and prayers to his family.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Oh my gosh. Can't believe it. Crossed paths with him in CCA years ago. Such a nice and very intelligent person. He spoke of his family often..devoted family man, it seemed. So sorry for the family.

·
Registered
38,072 Posts

Wow.... Shocker for sure. Didn't know he was in bad health. I knew him only through his many appearances on Outdoor GPS, the last wasn't that long ago. Dang......

·
Registered
18,557 Posts

I was in utter disbelief when I saw Jennies thread title.

Slack-jawed in shock!

We didn't always see eye to eye, but Carmen was a good man.

Our last conversation was about roasting prime rib for the holidays and maybe seeing each other at the sport show.

My thoughts are with his family.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I met Carmen at Fisherman's on a Sunday to help me pick out a Okuma guide select rod when they first came out. What a lot of help and great guy. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I never had a chance to meet the man, but I always had a closet admiration for his kwikfish collection...and his willingness to share it. A great contributor here on the forum.

RIP, sir.

RW

·
Registered
19,924 Posts

Way too young.

RIP

P

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

Wow, I'm speechless and just plain sad. Prayers for his family.

He was a class act.

·
Registered
391 Posts

I woke up bright and early this morning read a message from a mutual friend of Carmen and mine I was in shock!
I have fished with him several times and he was always a pleasure to be around.

You will be missed my friend, a sad day indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,742 Posts

Someone sent me a text an hour or so ago and I said "no way".

I'm stunned. Great guy. Way too young.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts