IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'m on the board!

I finally got into a springer this morning. All of the credit goes to steelheadslayer (Earl) for taking me out in his boat to his not so secret spot. SHS is an extremly nice guy and a great fishing partner, if you ever get a chance to fish with him, take it he is a real class act.

Anyway, the pic doesn't do it justice. I got home and my wife was at work, so the only person I could get to take a picturer was my Russian neighbor who only speaks broken english and not apparently the word "close up". SHS got some film of it also that I am sure is better so when they are develop, maybe we will post again and remember. :grin:

For the curiuos we got the fish up near St. Helens and on a cut plug, they seemed to be holding in about 20' of water. :shrug:

PS I hope the fella in the open sled, with the camo raingear and the black lab had a good day...it won't be when the ticket is mailed to ya. We made sure the sherrif knew your boat registration number before we left the launch. One rod to many. :depressed:

Let's all just try to be as ethical as possible. It was a great day. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Re: I\'m on the board!

Nice job on the fish, and great job on the law breaker. :cheers:

Scott

·
Registered
11,270 Posts

Way to go Danger!!

I had to pass on the fishing trip with Earl today. It's good to see you guys had some action.

Dogs do not need a license until their third year.

:smile:

·
Registered
7,397 Posts

Just a word to the many:

County Sheriff deputies do not routinely cite or investigate fish and wildlife violations. Most of the time, it is up to the state police- at least in Oregon.

I recommend you call OSP when you see illegal F & W violations.

Thanks for doing something, though :smile:

--spud-- :smile:

·
Registered
5,743 Posts

Congrats Dan, that was a fun day, too bad we couldn't have bonked a couple more. But we did better than most of the boats in that area. The pic really doesn't do the fish justice, it was 21 lbs. of solid salmon. It really is a lot bigger than the picture shows. When the pics get developed, I'll send you some copies so you can post the REAL deal.

24on, the wildlife enforcement officer drove right to the launch when we were taking out and we gave him the info. He said he would be out today in plainclothes and that he sees some wild stuff all throughout the year.

Mark, Dan has the exact same rod you have so I know it will catch a salmon and not just the steelhead I've seen you get. :shrug:

Overall, had a great time, got rained on a little, mostly when we wanted to run at full speed back up to troll down. Dan, you are welcome anytime, the jelly donuts didn't hurt the cause either. :laugh: The smurfed herring was the hot ticket. :dance: :dance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts