IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'m not dead yet

Well as you can see the NFL still has some life left in her. I pulled a nice matching set of Chrome hens out last night after work. Fishing my TRT 1143 and 8# test it took awhile to land them. That's what I get for gearing down for Coho :wink:

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Re: I\'m not dead yet

Nice fish Ryan. Glad you got time to hook them babies.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts

8lb test, eh? Did you hold your breath the whole time? It sure ups the satisfaction when you land one that would have been gone in a second if the drag, rod tip, and fisherman hadn't all been doing their part. Pretty fun stuff.

:cheers:

Skein

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yeah, the first one took about 30 min and I was nervous the whole time. I took my time with her because She came to the surface to do her headshakes and I knew she was bright from the get go. By the time she was slipped in the net my leader was frayed to snot and barely holding :shocked: .

The second one I was less ginger with because she didn't show herself and I was losing light as the fight went on. The hook was in a fleshy part of the jaw and had almost pulled loose by the time I beached her. That second one made some scorcher runs. I thought she was a goner several times. But the Roybuilt rod did a fantastic job of absorbing everything she had to offer.

·
Registered
594 Posts

:dance: Beautiful fish Ryan :bowdown:
Fantastic picture :cheers:

·
Registered
673 Posts

Nice fish! 8lb test wow! A Roy Rod? I gotta get one. Good Picture Ryan. :cheers:

[ 10-25-2003, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: will_e_fish ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts