IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I\'m new

Like most people who I've seen joining lately, I've lurked on the fringes of this forum for almost a year. I decided it was time to actually step up and join. I'm an Oregon native, love it here and have no desire to live anywhere else. It is truly amazing how lucky we are with the hunting and fishing options that we have. I am a bank bound angler, and obviously do most of my fishing with a bobber.

About the only funny story I can think of is when I first started fishing salmon, my brother and I were on the wilson the afternoon before elk season started. As we walked down to the hole we were going to fish, a guy comes up toward us with a trout rod with no line on it. We asked how it was going, and he said that the hole was loaded with fish, but they kept breaking him off. :crazy: Well we were happy to hear there were fish in the hole. I had only caught one other salmon, and only been fishing about three times in my life.

We started fishing, I was drifting eggs. About my third cast, I just got yanked. Fish on! I fought this fish for about 20 minutes, without ever seeing it. My brother was pretty anxious for me, and I was shaking. This fish was making LONG runs, staying deep. Finally I get it up once, and my brother freaks. He says: "(pottymouth), that's a 45 pound fish, don't lose it." I'm already up tight, so that didn't help. Needless to say, I'm trying to beach the fish, it was whipped. I drop the tip of my rod :redface: and the hook comes out over my head. The fish lays on its side for about two seconds and swims off. It was something I'll never forget, and I've still never caught a forty pound fish. Thanks for having me at this wonderful site.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: I\'m new

91 people saw this and only 7 replied?( I will be 8 )
Welcome!!
Catch fish and be happy :cheers:
91 to 7 :hoboy:

·
Registered
212 Posts

Welcome aboard, and good story I can almost see it happen. There are some monsters down there ont the Wilson.

:dance: :dance:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts

Welcome aboard :cheers:

RF

·
Registered
760 Posts

Welcome to a great site that has just gotten better!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts