IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'M ASKING A QUESTION FOR TEXAS RIG

WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO HEAD OUT INTO THE OCEAN AT ASTORIA INCOMING? OUTGOING? LOW SLACK? HIGH SLACK? WHAT IS THE WORST TIME TO GO?
BILLY PLEASE THANK EVERYONE WHO REPLYS.
:laugh:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Re: I\'M ASKING A QUESTION FOR TEXAS RIG

I'm tempted to answer your question, but I sense that you are joking? :whazzup:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts

as posted before the worst time to go across any bar is on the outgoing or Ebb tide.specifically the 2-4 hours after it turns the most current and water is being pushed through. the best time would be one hour after low slack through the first hour of the outgoing. Generally you have around an hour before the tide really starts ripping through but to get the most benefit from a timed bar crossing it should occur on the incoming tide....

·
Registered
22,375 Posts

Oh man, why do doughballs like you two post stuff like this. Stick to sturgeon fishing and jigging crappie.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Give that man a cigar! yes we have had a great debate on when to cross, I told Texas Rig what C&E said but he said that guy is a bag of hot air :laugh:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

Who is C&E? :tongue: Is it "Cast and Expect"? or "Cost and Effect"? or "Complain and Excuses"? .......seems I've heard of this guy before. :shrug: :shrug: Does he have the "scoop" as to when to cross? :grin: :grin: Fishrite

·
Registered
22,375 Posts

Fishrite, that's Mr. Cause and Effect to you dude. :laugh: Sorry Sweeping Eddie, I don't smoke. Give the cigar to someone more deserving. :grin:

Hey which side is port and which side is starboard?
What's bouy 10? :hoboy: The Church Hole? Cool I'll tell my Pastor where I was Sunday. I did'nt know they had services on the water.

sheezzmannezzzz...and you guys will have guests with ya? :shocked:

·
Registered
641 Posts

I thought C & E stood for Charter Boat Expert. :laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts