IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
119,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of something different for ifishstock this year.
How bout Oaks Park?

I know, it wouldn't be fishing, but I think it would be fun to just get together and have a picnic with all of our fish foods!

The kids would have a place to play, we'd have nice facilities, and we could just do up the day!

I haven't checked into it very far, but I am going to, today.

If anyone else has any great suggestions, throw them in here. I am thinking of July or early August.

My plan is to have a more central location. Ifishstock has usually been held, either at my house, or at Kilchis Park during fall chinook, but it gets so cold and I can't rely on the weather.

If I do it at the coast earlier, there is not much fishing going on.

I could do it at Nehalem state park, earlier, and we could do silvers and summer chinook.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Jen

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
random thoughts:

I like Oaks Park, but it's busy, so it will be important to check their schedule.

Before B10 would make sense.

Family oriented opens up the opportunity to some of us. When have we ever brought our youngsters to an Ifish thing?

Could we do a charity thing? Toys? Clothing? School supplies?

Might we want to coordinate a tackle swap with the picnic to supplement the fishing theme?

·
Administrator
119,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's too funny, Pete!
I was just thinking tackle swap!

Now, that would be FUN!

We could also have demos, like Mark from First Cast, and have Marie's scents for sale... and Amerman Eggs, and... and.... Let's do it!

Does it sound fun, you guys? Come on, some response?

Jen

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Sounds great to me
i like the idea of a tackle swap
you could have ifish flags stickes hats and patches for sale too
norm

·
Administrator
119,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish there were a group that takes used tackle for kids, so that after the swap, we could put everything we don't want all together for some kids that would like to have it.

What other good thing could we do while we are there that would help some cause?

Jen

·
Administrator
119,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Due to lack of interest, ifishstock is no more?
Come on, you guys.. We have fun! Don't we???
Jen

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I like the idea of oaks park. I know the kids would enjoy the day too.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
What about Frenchman's Bar Park. Nice big picnic area, fishing for URB's right off the beach.

Giz...

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
Giz, good idea! Oaks can be very busy, though the trees, kids activities and beer garden might be popular. Does FB have a shaded picnic area that can be reserved? If someone wanted to bring a boat, is there an area to beach a boat? The signs prohibit landing boats at the park.

[ 05-10-2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
I did not get to go to last years but I am all in for it this year oaks park is to busy. We need a place that we can all just kick back in the shade eat BBQ and tell fish lies (opps I mean stories) some placed like Carver on the clack Frenchman’s bar would be nice also.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I also would like to be a part of this this year. I wanted to participate for the last 2 years however it was always on a Saturday that the Ducks were playing at home. Hopefully this year it will not be on one of those home game days. As much as I enjoy fishing Duck football is a priority during that time of the year.

·
Registered
522 Posts
How about riverside on the clackamas. There's a covered picnic area and lots of parking. We have had a tackle swap there before also.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Pete,

I think there is a dirt road that runs upriver from the Frenchman's Bar main park. I see folks there with their dogs and picnic setups.

I see Caravan type vehicles parked there so it's not a 4 wheeler only area.

Nice beach area for boats.

Only issue would be rest rooms though it's not that far from the park.

Take a look at that when you do a fly by at FB.

A kick back in the shade area would be Govt. Island. There are porti-pottis. Folks could park and park/launch at Gleasons or Chinook landing.

Only issue there is we'd need to make sure enough boats to act as ferry service to the island for our bankie friends.

August is fall Chinook time, nice weather.

Brion

·
Administrator
119,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OAKS. :smile:

I'm sick of fishing. :smile:

Give me just one non fishing related thing a year, k? LOL

and let's change the name from ifishstock, to ifunstock, OK?

Can you tell I didn't get a springer again?

I do really hate springers with all of my heart! :smile:

Jen

[ 05-10-2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Jennie,

Can you tell I didn't get a springer again?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Good Lord girl...you went out with a bunch of Newsies (mistake No. 1) for half day (mistake No.2) on a beautiful sunny day (mistake No. 3).

I saw Cap'n Hook offer you a ride.

Or give Julie a call, she's been spanking them...at least on the days I'm not on board.

Full moon coming up.

Brion

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
I'd like to vote no on Oaks Park. There are some really nice parks on N.F. santiam with good access and good fishing available. Or on the coast some where, just not an amusement park, Too crowded.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts