IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a bunch of stickers put them all over,my question is...some of my buddies(who are not Ifishers)(dont know why)keep asking me to give them a sticker...I keep telling them to sign-up a nd get there own.so whats the proper ettiquette? :shrug:

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
You did right. Ifish is all about it's members. If they want to fly ifish colors, they can become part of the community.

When I see an ifish sticker at the ramp or on the water, most of the time, I will go say hello and introduce myself.

Just say no to Lurkers!!!!!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I agree. Let them join and get there own decls. That way the can have the full benifit of the knowledge base and hopefull meet friends. It's a great place.

·
Registered
16,602 Posts
I agree, just say no to lurkers (never could understand why people just look and not participate) :shrug:

Get off the bench, pull the splinters out of your butt and get in the game :grin:

Come on in the waters fine.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Get a red rubber stamp that says "non-member lurker" ...

Actually, I would recommend you refuse to give anyone a sticker, who isnt a member. The stickers sales contribute to the cost of the sites operation. Im not sure the sales even make a significant dent in those costs, but the more the better.

Ive been toying with an idea that I think might interest the ops, I guess it would be a good plce to mention it.

Operation costs are soon to go up for IFish. Heres my suggestion to maybe offset those cost a bit by generating more sticker sales.

first, I would pay more for a sticker than the current charge (cheap, and I got a few free from jenny when I got a hat too)

If the sticker sales are estimated for the years to come by past sales or distribution numbers I think it may be more appealing to members to buy one if the stickers had a slight modification to say "Member 2003" (or whatever year it is)

thus the stickers may even become a collector thing too if your into that sort of thing. Each years sticker is retired with the passing of it, and I would imagine IFishers with expired stickers will be kindly harassed by other ifishers to "get up to date"

I also think it should be mandatory to buy a sticker to be registered and post, or maybe even have access to the message board.
Also, with each members "status" change (e.g. from fry to cutthroat, cutt to steelhead etc) a sticker should be purchased. This would no doubt up the sales volume of stickers, maybe to a point where your IFish status can be printed on the sticker too? say when you reach chromer, nook or nate? (a little far fetched but the concept is cool IMO)

My opinion, IFish doesnt really need to promote itself any more than it does already, it needs suppoort from its current members, and a strong encouragement to new one to offer a chip-in.
Giving your stickers away defeats one of the more valuable ideas behind stickers...the revenue, however minimal it may be, it all helps.

Just my unsolicited $.02

An ifish sticker on a nonmember vehicle or boat makes about as much sense as a greenpeace sticker on a ford 460

[ 07-24-2003, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: cirrhosis-of-the-river ]

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
COTR-- That is a brilliant idea!!!

Gotta go fish now, but WOW!

jen

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Might even start a new sticky thread called "outdated IFish sticker sighting"
Theres oodles of people here who wouldnt miss a chance to rib or roast another member
:grin:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Not only that but lets have some kind of secret initiation ceremony too. Haze em up! :grin:

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
Gosh, I think I broke the rules then :depressed: I gave one to a person who...WILL NOT BE NAMED, and he gave it to a lady person who CAN NOT BE NAMED on this site. Well, he didn't actually give it to her....he stuck it on her boat when she wasn't looking :laugh:

me

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
FNF you mean like anchor up 5 ft downstream from a new member, or run over thier trailer when they're on the water, or anchor up in thier plug hole, or cut them off at the boat ramp?

I think the hazing commitee is doin a good job already :grin:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I like the idea of having your status on the sticker......ie fry, chromer, etc.

Scott

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
Another idea sent to me, was to have decals with your own name on it.

I was thinking of selling hats at the party, and inviting an embroidery company to set up shop here, and to put your moniker on it for you.
Is that a good idea?
Jen

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Monikers would be cool on the back of a hat...yes Ma'am

status on stickers...Jen can keep them in stock, and the idea behind it to sell more!

Jen, you may want to come up with more "status's" to sell more stickers :laugh: Before fry could be "roe" or even "prespawn"

I can think of one beyond IFish nate too...
"smoked" :grin: (no offense ******!)

Anyway, if a member is a chinook, and its 2003, the sticker can say (on the open space on top) "chinook member 2003"

When either the status or the year changes, new stickers go out the door!

(sorry, did a bunch of editing)

[ 07-24-2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: cirrhosis-of-the-river ]

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
The only problem is this:
I can't afford to keep buying new decals for every year, member, name, etc.
You have to buy in thousands to keep the cost down, and it isn't that "down" in the first place!

I'll think on it, though!
:smile:
Jen

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just keep the sticker the same and have status and date "substickers" that are smaller and can be used like license plate tabs. :shrug: Russ

·
Registered
803 Posts
I like your thinking. I am amazed that I don't see alot more stickers out on the rivers or even the roads. If everyone bought a min of 3 that's 2 for both sides Starboard and Port and 1 for your trailer. Kick up the price. Add your own lettering under the sticker on your boat and your in buisness. Jenni has alot on her plate already and fall chromers are coming soon. Lets see some stickers out their boy's and girls.
Fire (proudly displaying ifish stickers)in the Hole :cheers:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hold on a minute. The ifish sticker is good advertising. I think if someone wants to advertise ifish, the ifish community should feel good about it. If someone wants to put an ifish sticker on their boat, that's great. I'd like to see ifish stickers on the backs of semi's going down the highway!

I know Jen has given many away, but if you paid for a sticker or got one free, give it to someone. Buy more! Have them paste it on their truck or boat or car or place of business. You aren't going to keep growing unless you advertise.

Free sign up and the ability to lurk without registering makes this a very NON-exclusive club. Sounds like some people want to put up a fence. :whazzup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts