First prize gets your choice!
Second prize gets the other!

A TH Rods
Rainshadow RX7 SA 1086 9' 12-25#
2 piece rod!!!!
Click here for TH RODS!

OR
Lamiglas XCF 803
8’ one piece Kwikfish Rod, complete with Kwikfish!

:yay:

This year we will be using The Oregonian newspaper as date verification along with an ifish logo of some sort!

Again, we will be asking for proof of date by taking a picture of the fish with a copy of page one of that day's Oregonian, therefore proving to us the date the fish was caught.

Rules:

1. You must be wearing or have in the picture some kind of ifish or salty dog bling or logo, including but not limited to;

...hats, sweatshirts, t shirts, decal etc. You can even print off an ifish discussion board logo, or front page, and use that. Just SOMETHING that shows you are fishing in the Ifish contest!

If you don't have one, or can't afford one, no worries! Quickly borrow one from a friend! Never be without ifish bling! Fish with ifish friends who have some! :) It's neat to have a decal on your truck, because people will recognize you!

You may also order stuff, here, just to keep in your boat so that you are ready! Remember to support our new friends at Scappoose Outfitters. They are so awesome to ifish and make beautiful logo items! Visit us at the Sportsmen's Show and pick something up! Our decals and their products will be available there with us in booth 1252!

2. You must post a full length picture of the fish, showing the entire fish so that we can easily tell that it is a springer. In the background, or along with it must be the front page of that day's newspaper, with the date that it is caught, and posted that day, or within ONE day of the paper's date. (In case you cannot get to ifish that day!)

It must be The Oregonian, or one of the major Washington papers front pages, so that we can easily determine and prove what date it was caught.

3. BONUS PRIZE! If anyone in the Winning Springer picture is wearing a life jacket, or in an additional picture that was clearly taken on the same day you caught your first springer, you will win a bonus prize! This will be decided and determined by Jennie and the mod crew. Also, if you are fishing with kids who have life jackets on in the picture (My Favorite!) they get a prize, too! (If you win!)

4) Jack Salmon do not count. It must be a fin clipped, adult fish over 24 inches!

5) This contest is for ifish members ONLY. You must be an active ifish member. You must have registered on the www.ifish.net board before January 31st, 2010, and have at least 20 contributing posts to enter the contest. No "Yup, that's a pretty fish" posts. Contributing, means that you contribute information to the ifish board. This will give you incentive to join us right now in order to play! Come on in!

6) The fish must be tagged on your harvest card, and you must provide a copy of your license with this fish tagged, when you pick up your prize.

7) "First spring Chinook" will be awarded when it is verified by ifish and it's mod crew.

8) All entries MUST be posted on this thread, which will be pinned to the top of ifish until someone wins the first (and second?) prize.

Disclaimer and "uh oh! There is a problem!" --If there are any problems concerning proof of fish, or questions about rules, Jennie has the right to take all entries by her chosen date, and pick a random winner by means of a drawing.
I have the right to correct any misinformation and edit this thread as I see fit to make the rules fair and easy to play for everyone. Remember... This is supposed to be fun!

:) Please help us support Ifish!
Ifish decals available here!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Re: Ifish First Springer Contest TH RODS!

Good idea Jennie! :applause: May I add some help here to avoid a possible problem? It is feasible that the "first fish" would be caught on the same day. Is there any way to get a time caught indication in this factor?
Smart as you are I'm leaving that to you! :)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

Good idea Jennie! :applause: May I add some help here to avoid a possible problem? It is feasible that the "first fish" would be caught on the same day. Is there any way to get a time caught indication in this factor?
Smart as you are I'm leaving that to you! :)
Time cannot be verified without trust and no one can trust a fisherman who posts on the internet without 3rd party verification. :p

·
Administrator
119,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

It's the first one to be posted.
And... if I don't believe it, I simply don't award them the prize. :)
It's about fun, you guys.
Besides that, it has to be on your tag.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Re: Ifish First Springer Contest TH RODS! Lamiglas!

I hate to be the one to point out this flaw... but the only thing that the newspaper confirms is that it wasn't caught AFTER that day. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts

I think that is all we are trying to prove. can any one tell me what date the first one was last year?

·
Administrator
119,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

You scared me, you guys! I thought someone won! Quitthat! :)

·
Registered
895 Posts

I think that is all we are trying to prove. can any one tell me what date the first one was last year?
I didn't say that very well...:)

What I meant was... there is nothing (other than their hopeful honesty) to keep someone from holding up the paper from the day prior.

Thanks Jennie for putting this contest together!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts

umpqua fish count ?? where do i get a I fish or salty dogs sticker ??

·
Registered
591 Posts

Here is the first for the year. This springer was caught on 2/1/10 with a green label cut-plug herring trolled downriver on the CR. I was fishing with Larry Kesch Jr. of Hook'Em Up Guide Service. It is a 16 pound hatchery fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,149 Posts

YEAH! Finally! Nice Fish man.... Here we GO! :applause:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts

Nice Job! for real this time!

·
Registered
674 Posts

Looks like you weren't letting that one get away with the death grip you have on it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts