IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
119,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a color sample for the ifish patches.

Suggestions?

Anyone artistic want to color it differently and put it up for us to see?

I think it's a bit too "snowy" looking, but I don't know...

It's cool and fun though!

Jen

·
Premium Member
14,746 Posts
ya' know, that's funny. i just emailed a guy this morning to find out what it would cost to get some patches done.

i'd say the patches should be two color, green on white just like the stickers. when i see ifish stickers out on the water, from a distance all i see is a white circle with some stuff in it. the same would go for the patch. unless you're within arms length, making out the detail on it would be difficult, if not impossible.

by the way, you can put me down for about six patches if you get 'em done. how big were you thinking of getting them?

·
Administrator
119,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know how big. What do you think?
Jen

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Remember, more river color means more stitching which usually means more cost.

These look GREAT, Jen.

When, when, when???? :dance:

Skein

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Maybe they could start with a blue base and go from there. Right now it looks like Ice fishing on Diamond lake.

Great Idea!

Jet~~~

·
Administrator
119,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm liking the conistent, boring idea of green and white...
I like the pretty colors, but...

What if it were in like a sparkly thread?
Wouldn't that be pretty?

I don't have an ESA handy. Sorry.

What is an ESA? :smile: Estimated Springers Annually?

Jen

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yea! Patches! :cool: (Sadly, NO-body makes caps, including Ifish caps, big enough to fit my oversized cranium.) :shocked: (It's due to the massive gray matter capacity, you know.) :wink:

Maybe the sky could be a lighter color -- more like the water color -- so the mountains would show up better.

And the tree area does seem to look a bit snowy, I'll admit.

All in all, though, it's not bad. And you weren't going to enter it into a juried art show, were you? :grin:

And 3 1/2 inches seems about right to me (for patches, I mean :shocked: :shocked: )

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Jen the patches are a good idea but me personally if i purchased one i would have to or my wife would have to sew it onto something i would wear and people would see it. When i fish i don't always wear the same thing but i can't speak for anyone but myself. I'm all for advertising and promotion but to spend dollars on exposure what is the return?, can you pay for the set up and materials based on sales of the patch?, how much exposure will this give to ifish?. Lot's of issue's to consider to making an investment and what the return's will be.

How about an ifish bumper sticker, the round stickers are great and I even have them on my truck but they are round and my bumper is rectangle, a colorful bumper sticker put on car's, truck's, suv's, Smily's forehead :grin: and other place's could be an alternative to the patch in promoting ifish!

just my $.02

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Green and white

Ampersat has the right idea

I feel the the Ifish sticker is a symbol and that's how I look at it, green and white.

My.02

Did I mention Green and white :wink:
in any case I'll take a few of them.

Bobby

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,577 Posts
Green, Green, White, White, Ditto, Ditto

·
Premium Member
14,746 Posts
2 - 2 1/2" seems a little on the small side to me. i think the decals run at 5". the patches should be 3-4" in my opinion.

also, skein brought up a good point: more colors means higher cost. let's see: one for my fishing hat, one for the vest, one for a life jacket maybe, a couple for shirts. yeah, let's keep 'em as cheap as possible.

for me, keeping it to one thread color (dark green, like the decal) makes it a little easier to identify at a distance. isn't that the point: finding our fellow ifishers out there.

·
Registered
23,401 Posts
The KISS procedure will work with the patch. :grin:

Green and White. :dance:

·
Administrator
119,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FM2, thanks for the biz advice, but I know what I'm doing, even though I'm female. :smile:
Jen

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.