IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am sort of a newbie to IFISH. I have been a lurker for quite a while. Great site. I guess I should give my story. I am from Tillamook and have a 17’ Willie Predator and a 15’ fiberglass drift boat. I have lived in Tillamook for 25+ years and have fished pretty much every river, bay and ocean area in and around Tillamook County. I just recently retired and should have much more time to visit all my favorite fishing places.

Here is a bizarre recent fishing tale. A couple friends and myself were heading out of Tillamook Bay recently for a day of ocean salmon fishing and while we were waiting for the bar to open we were fishing inside the bay along the south jetty. We were casting rubber worms along the jetty for bottom fish (the bay wasn’t open for salmon fishing yet) when one of the guys hooks a ling cod. It is undersized so I sat down my pole and grabbed the pliers to give him a hand letting it go. Well, I accidentally sat my pole on the rail of the boat and it fell overboard and sank. So thinking it was lost and as all good fisherman do I had brought a second pole to fish with in case I had a problem with the first one.

To make a long story short we moved back up the jetty and were drifting along casting when one of the guys says he is snagged on someone’s fishing line and reels it in to find my pole on the other end. A happy ending.

See you on the water.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
You're a lucky dude, Tony. Did ya buy a lottery ticket that day?

welcome to Ifish.

--spud-- :smile:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Tackle pickup anyone.......... Welcome to the friendly waters of ifish. :cheers:

cartman

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Not many people get their poles back after they've gone in the drink like that! You were one lucky feller that day! I agree...you should have boughten a Power Ball ticket :grin: Welcome to the site. Lots of friendly people with TONS of useful info. See ya round! :cheers:

- :dance: jokester

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the same experience you had, but it was in a fastwater river. A friend of mine got snagged on the bottom so he yanked his high$ rod for awhile until it flew out of his hand... :shrug:

I came toward his fishing spot and do a few cast... lo behold I snagged his line and in came the rod/reel.

He thank me and invite my family for dinner!

I figured the dinner was cheaper than his rod/reel. :smile:

Fishingaddict

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
So you're from Tillamook. Too bad someone else already took the TillamookChinook moniker. Welcome to IFish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts