IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion do you think there is less sharing of fishing information now than there was two years ago.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
:shrug:
I wasn't here 2 years ago, so I have no idea. Perhaps that should be an option for an answer too?

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
Certainly there is far more information now than 2 years ago ... we average almost 10 times as many posts per day as 2 years ago. So the question is confusing. Do you mean "does each individual share less information", or "are there fewer people posting information"? Or is the changing dynamic shifting to sharing specifics by e-mail in following up on a post?

·
Registered
182 Posts
In the short time I've been registered, these folks continue to put 2 and 2 on the table.....its up to you to come up with 4. Loads of great info, help, tech tips....just sort through the humorus anticdotes, and there is your bit of info for the moment. Kind of like being given pieces to the puzzle ....I know I enjoy sorting through it all and figuring out what they are talking about, even if it is "not" somewhere I intend to fish. Jign

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Lot less NEW info than 2 years ago. aahhh remember when...

[ 09-01-2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: fish_on ]

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I'd have to agree with what the boys have said so far. Not a lot of newer info, but then what is old to me is new to someone else. The use is up, I don't need to see numbers to know that. So what's being said? Well, there is the bragging posts- they were there two years back, with more folks with digital cams there maybe more brag posts, certainly more with pics.(and you gotta like that
)
Then there is the "other" posts and quite frankly most of those involve info sharing of some kind of another.It may not be deep(ie "the fish are biting at bouy 10") to quite specific how to's(enough description to take you there!).
I like what Jignfloat said.We need to sort through it. And the more posts there are- the more time I find myself sorting, storying away little nuggets of knowledge and lore, and hopefully something I can put to practicle use.And if I am lucky I'll read some funny stuff along the way.
If someone wants to keep something to themselves thats okay! The persuit of knowledge is half the fun.
Now if I can just figure out what the Carrot Top Boys are using,hmmm, jumbo size or babies, julienned or cutplugged.Hmmm.....

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think people are reluctant to share, because someone has to comment about everything. I didn't post a report and picture a couple weeks ago, because I didn't really want to hear the tule debate. People cannot show and tell about catch and release, because someone will complain about that. EVEN on STURGEON!!! I think the constant having to debate everything makes people reluctant to share.

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
I thin a lot of the comments you are referring to are meant to be educational. If you are going to release a fish then there is no reason to remove it from the water, sturgeon, salmon or steelhead. I expect to see more great pictures of fish in the water. It just takes time for people to acclimate to a new standard.

As for info, it is there for the taking. If you want specifics all you have to do is email someone who is fishing the body of water you are interested in. People have been more than willing to give away their secrets when asked nicely and privately.

All the info that was posted two years ago is still there in the archives plus a ton of new info. Because there are a lot more posts you might have to look a little harder to find the info you are after.

Have you visited the Salty Dogs board? Lots of great info. Check out Pilar's pinned post on catching chinook at the rockpile.

What do you want to know? Is B-10 hitting? Yes. Are the URBs working their way thru the area? Yes. Are fall fish right around the corner? Yes.

What more do you need to know???

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
There seems to be a lot more zipper lip stuff on the main board, but the salty dog board open sharing more than makes up for it.
,Ed

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pete,
Yes i know there are a lot more posts now than there was two years ago. I guess the point i was trying to make is i dont see a lot of what i call information that is useable. In other words i dont see much info on the bays and rivers like it used to be. There is info but not like it could be.

Springer season was a good example. Quite a bit of info on Oregon city and the Columbia but not much from anywhere else. Iam really poking myself on this one as i did not really share a lot of info either. I did however share a lot via the email route. I also received a lot of emails regarding different places to fish and i always shared that info with them

Not upset at anyone of anything. Was just curious to see how others felt about the quality and quanity of info sharing. :shrug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts