IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many IFisher boats have you been on?

Ive been on a few, and humbly thank those who invited me (those who I missed for one reason or another too!)

Skipper- Garibaldi...limits for all :cheers:

Fishingislife- Willamette...I scored the only keeper sturgeon that day thanks to Jimmy and XTC Chris
:cheers:

Atworkalot- Skunked on the Wilson, but my first driftboat experience in years

Willierower - many different bodies of water, skunked every time ! :shrug: (with exception to oodles of bass, ling, a copper, and some other questionable species. Allways a pleasure though Paul.

Feel like I am forgetting someone...

So here it is, give a shout out to those who have provided an open seat.

[ 09-29-2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Row Vs. Wade ]

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,375 Posts
Big thanks to BUG_FLICKER! Great day on the ocean, salmon limits all around. Yummy crabs too.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
My shout goes to you, RVW. Thanks again for the Salmon trip. I learned a ton about salt fishing for the elusive nooks. Too bad we didn't get one, but it wasn't a huge deal. Thanks for all the information and stories. I'll be glad to fill an open seat with you anytime.

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Spooled, Miss B. Haven, Kamloops, David Johnson, Fishing Eddie, Fishin Mission, and Uncle Bob. Many thanks to you all. Great friends and good people too. :bowdown: :bowdown: :cheers:Oh yeah,BOE and Neutron too! :cheers:

[ 09-30-2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: CATCH AND EAT ]

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Been on a couple of ifisher's boats. Many thanks to ****** for welcoming me on his boat for O.S. Sturgeon and Salmon. At least a couple of firsts on his boat :bowdown: :dance: :bowdown:
I've also been out on the Fishin Mission boat. Thanks Mark.

As far as bankies go - Ampersat, Fisherfield, Kingfisher85, and FastWater.

Steve :cheers:

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Hope i'm not forgetting any one. Kamloops, Miss B Haven, Gas Jocky, Pilar, Mr Fisherman, Corirod, Julie Rose 3, Rots A Ruck, and have had many invites i've had to turn down for some reason or another.

[ 09-29-2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: HOGGEMIN ]

·
Premium Member
14,498 Posts
i've ridden with FWF1 and floated several other folks from the board in my own drifter. once she's back together and ready for prime time, look out for open seats. i do have an open seat out there waiting for me that i should check in on though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tacklebuster has been very helpful in deepening my shallow knowledge of fishing. Still learning but having a great time doing it!!! I've never come home with a "skunk" when riding with the tacklebuster Thanks Tacklebuster!!!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
got tuna on the el shaddai, salmon with corirod, fished ling and halibut with pilar, and bouy 10 salmon and the pile with sturgeon tom.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Let's see

BOE numerous times (I'm a glutton for punishment)
Capn Dan twice
Pilar 1x
Bug Flcker 1x
Thumper 1x
Catch and Eat A couple of times
Coot 22 several times
Spooled 1x
The mod that isn't allowed to play here anymore 1x
Bait Boy 1x
Rippenlips too many times to count.
Smoky 1x

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone

Man I've been around. All of a sudden I feel dirty. :shocked: All but one of the trips were very enjoyable.

By the way, where has smokey ran off to anyway?

[ 09-30-2003, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Ramstrong ]

·
Registered
673 Posts
To all ifishers that offer open seats to others, it is a great and generous act. Thanks!

I still need to repay BOE for the crabbing at the BV Jetty BBQ 2 years ago. He schooled me on shrimping as well. I will never forget it.

Thanks again,Roy

·
Registered
924 Posts
Dang, I feel a little dirty too.

BOE
Neutron
GBS
Hogmaster - too many times to count -no fish but always entertaining.

When I take my own boat, I always take my dad and brother. I think a bigger boat is soon to come. :smile:

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Ah, contrare' Bull of ruge'!!!

I have been out on a very scary ride in your boat!
Well, OK, so it isn't technically your boat, but you were on the sticks weren't you? Or maybe that is why it was so scary! :shocked:

I too have had the Neutron experience.
And with Sandy Steel.

Both of those experiences were fun, if you look past all that Green and yellow they carry.

Fishing is Life
Fear No Fish
These guys are rides of sheer terror! And I am not talking about their seamanship!

Rojo - Thanks, even though we didn't get over the bar, it was mighty nice to not make it in YOUR boat that day!

Flatfish.
You still are the best oarsman, dude! :cheers:

Sturgeon Tom -
Always an adventure no matter which boat!
I hate to write it, but I still think I like his Willie better than mine!

Grant Scheelie -
Thanks for putting up with the obnoxious little man! :grin:

Northriver1 -
From the McKinzie to 32 miles at sea. I hope we remember which boat goes where again!

Gas Jockey -
Have you ever caught a fish before? :wink: Hey, just bustin' some chops here! I saw fish blood in your boat!

reeldick, dickI, when they actually HAD boats and weren't merely maggots!

There are more, I'm sure, and please let me know about it!

Then there are the ones so close I might as well have been on their boats. Just to name a few like;
Get Bent and ****** - "Make a hole!" :grin:
BOE - Quit letting Nuetron throw things at me!
Fishin' Mission - Always fun to observe the Jedi's!
Nickle
ZaQ
X
And most of the rest of the carrot crew
Dawhunt

Not to mention
Silver Hilton
StgRule
Gut Shot Ape
1pump
And their crews at the politics flotilla

I even fished next to Jennie once! It was before I knew about ifish though. I kept wondering who that woman who knows how to troll spinners down the picket line is...

Oh, and I have taken a few out in my boat too!

Ain't the opportunities to meet new people on this forum great?!!!

[ 09-30-2003, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Hogmaster ]

·
Registered
869 Posts
FWF1- Drifted the Clackamas with Chris 2 times this year....What a beautiful way to spend a day...floating along the river with no kicker clugging along...way cool fella.

Fi****is- Springer fishing out of catapillar island. First experience on a hog line...it was a cold one too...but the company made up for the lack of fish...Super nice fella.

Reel Fun Fishin- Fished the mouth of the Cowlitz a month ago...along with experience #2 of a hog line...Awesome Boat! And one hell of a yacker at the helm....talk, talk, talk...good stories and one heck of a nice fella.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Hmmm... lessee... Pilar, Pilar, Pilar - okay, you get the idea. I haven't kept track (unfortunately)... everything from herring to halibut, shad to chinook, sturgeon to... okay, you get the idea - and let's not forget the TUNA!

Popeye on the Julie Rose III for TUNA! a coupla times - last time for a boat record with 37 fish for 4 fishers.

Puffin - a rare poster and wonderful person - TUNA! and salmon trips last year. We even let Pilar join us once. :wink:

Miss B - Mel runs a tight ship and is a great host! Again, good TUNA! fishin'!

So, I haven't been out on too many boats. Pilar kinda monopolizes my fishing time
, but I've met SO many wonderful folks through this and especially the Salty Dogs board! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Wow..I'm such a selfish kind of guy...most end up riding with me.

But....

I've been spotted in ******'s boat..

Lay low in Sure Set's

Hitched a ride with Baitboy..

Waiting for an opportunity with FWF1 (especially since I sold my driftboat)

Waiting for a recip ride with the "Carrot Crew"...if for nothing other than some good eats!! Shane...leave the cookies at home tho, O.K.??

Did I miss anybody?? It's all been a "blur"....

Mark

[ 09-30-2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: FishinMission ]

G

·
Fishin' Mission, Get Bent, SureSet, FWF1, Green Pirate, Pete and everyone else who let me ride over the years, thanks for the trips, fish and the good times.

Steelie Steve, thanks for the great catching company this Summer.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

Looking forward to a lesson (or two) in "bluegill fishing for monsters" :shocked: :grin:

Steve :cheers:

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
Well lets see,
I have been fishing with Gun Rod Bow a few times and laid in the mud with him as well.. Its always a blast..
Fished with coot22 and birdhunter in his driftboat and birdhunter numerous times from the shore..
Fished with 5cents and had a great time..
Fished with sublime a couple of times in his boat.. (good times)
Went with Weekend warrior and had a serious case of the crakers.. Don't ask.. Geoff have you got all the egg goo out yet =).
I have fished with the oregonfishr alot too.. We go way back.
If I forgot you I'm sorry.. Its been a good time with everyone I fished with..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts