IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background -- I don't go fishing very often compared to many of you posters. When I do go, I try to pick times/places with a high probability of success.

I went once with a co-worker, and once with a respected ifish guide in peak times in the Astoria/Hammond area -- both times wearing my new green ifish hat -- and catching nothing one time, and a tule and a very small coho on my pole with the guide!

I caught 3 nice sized bright chinook from the bank in two trips just before I bought my ifish hat!

As a further test, I decided to not wear my ifish hat when I was invited by a co-worker to fish the coast this weekend. This picture shows the results.

Ain't my nephew cute as the Dickens?

We missed a few other opportunities, and I ended up with the only keeper in the boat, a nice 21.5 lb (digital scale) buck.

Next time I go -- I'm not sure if I should wear my ifish hat or not. Any other superstitions regarding ifish hats?

:cheers:
Blind Squir(r)el

p.s. I put the ifish hat on safely at home just before taking the picture.

p.p.s. I hope I get this picture thingy right...

[ 09-22-2003, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·
Administrator
119,501 Posts
Looks like the joke is on you, and your little one knows it! :smile:

Do you think I'd sell lucky hats to 6000 people?

How many fish would be left, if I did?

DUH!

:smile: :smile:

Seriously though, I've not heard of the unlucky ifish hat thing. Kind of hurts me little feelings, :depressed: but... the only comeback I could think of was to post what I posted! :smile:

[ 09-22-2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Administrator
119,501 Posts
WOW! And you got my 10 thousandth post! :smile:

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Jennie....I would think that the person who causes your 10000th post should get one of the new "LUCKY" hats as a present, don't you?? :grin: :grin:

TR

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Idunno about the ifish hats being unlucky, the first time out wearing mine, I caught my first tuna. The second time out was Thursday at Sekiu...I think we boated about 40 to 50 cohos. Sounds pretty lucky to me! :grin:

·
Administrator
41,347 Posts
Gee, Squirrel, didn't you know the hat is $12.50, but the "Luck" package is $25 extra. You can have the luck installed in a new hat, or in an older one, as I did here.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I don't have a "lucky" I-fish hat cause I ain't wore out my second "Harely-Davidson" hat yet and it catchs fish. :grin: :tongue: :wink:

[ 09-22-2003, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: fishuntr2 ]

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just joshing ya Jennie, and Pete -- I thought the extra $25 for the optional "luck package" was a bit steep -- but I'm sure it would pay for itself after a few trips. :laugh: You guys are too funny.

By the way, we stopped by Marie's for some of her famous scents after fishing -- and I confessed that I hadn't been using her scents when I had bad luck -- so maybe it's not the hat -- it was the absence of the right scent? Next time I'll try using the ifish hat, but with some of Marie's special sauces and will post the results.

:cheers:
Blind Squirel

·
Administrator
119,501 Posts
Next time I'll try using the ifish hat, but with some of Marie's special sauces and will post the results.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Huh. I've never tried an ifish hat with Maries Scent on it.

I've tried using power bait fingernail polish, but never a hat soaked in Shrimp Scent.

Good ideas! keep um comin!

Jen

·
Registered
816 Posts
Luck is in the eye of the beholder. First time i wore mine I took down a 30# urb. In fact it was 2 sundays ago. you just need to put some scent on it to help lure in the nooks :wink:

tight lines
Cartman

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
This is for ******!

I need a picture of Jennies ifish Hat with a *Splash of Marie's Shrimp Scent!, to bring everyone Good Luck! :dance:

Can you do it Mr Icon Man! :grin:

Marie
LOL LOL LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[ 09-22-2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Captain and Marie ]

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got one of them LUCKY ifish hats, and I have had a really good year for salmon. My second best ever.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I got a BIG head, so those baseball caps just don't fit comfortably. I always thought this a real disadvantage, then I started to bald, I thought" now a hat will fit.NADA!
But thanks to ifishes fine product line and Pete's technical skill, things are going to change for me in a big way... Pete spoke of installing the $25 "Luck" package. I figure you just stick the bill of the hat into your floppy drive and download this "Luck". Why not with an ifish patch! So I grabbed my ifish patch (here is my secret luck recipe pour some of Maries scent on the patch-be generous!) and inserted it to the sloppy I mean floppy drive. Now I'm waiting for the download .
By the way Pete I don't trust the internet for business deals(you know security and such) so wisely sent a blank check to your off -shore account as you instructed. So how long do I have to wait for the download. Pete ? Pete?
Any truth to the rumour that Pete is "out of the country" for an indefinite amount of time? :shrug: :whazzup: :whazzup:

[ 09-22-2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: letsfish ]

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Hey , my computer smells funny. Pete, you out there?
What is this overdrawn thing about from the bank?Hmm

I think my computer isn't the only thing that's stinking. :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
******!

You are one great guy!

I made wallpaper out of your wonderful designs!

I knew you could do it!

You really do amaze me!

How do you do it?

Sincerely,
Marie

1 - 20 of 25 Posts