IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's great to see all you guys having such outstanding success out on the river
So how about getting involved in giving back to the resource we all enjoy? Some of us have more free time than others so it's understandable that some can't do as much so here is a simple idea that everyone can get involved with and feel good about. Take a litter bag to your favorite stretch of river or boat ramp and pick up some garbage. There is always plenty of styrofoam bait containers, discarded beer and pop cans and other trash to pick up. If some of you want to get involved with any of the groups that are fighting for your sports fishing rights then why not do it now? Your membership fee alone is of great value.
The groups that are trying to either trying to take away your fishing privledges or severally restrict them are well financed and highly motivated :mad: We sports fishers are a pitifully apathetic group :sleep: as a whole and with our numbers we could accomplish alot!!!!
So how about it? :cheers:

[ 06-02-2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Stew ]

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Go, Stew, Go!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Stew, thanks for the reminder.

I pick up and carry out everything I can so at least the next guy doesn't have to see it. And I feel good because I've done my deed for the day... :smile:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Stew,

I believe you're on to something! :bowdown:

Let's list links to those groups we belong to so others can see what some options are!

I belong to the RFA for national issues and Puget Sound Anglers for local issues.

(I hate it when I don't catch those typo's in time.)

[ 06-02-2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: AuntyM ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As most of you know I am involved with the Association of Northwest Steelheaders but they are not the only group that is doing something to inhance the sports fishing resource we all enjoy.
Marsha mentioned the RFA which has Oregon affliation with Oregon Anglers. Then there is the Tillamook Anglers who run the Whiskey Creek hatchery. If you catch a fin-clipped springer down in the Tillamook area you can thank The Tillamook Anglers for it.
Hey just pick a group! They need you!

·
Registered
16,596 Posts
As a standard practice; I ALWAYS pick up some garbage from somewhere every time I fish, it doesn't matter where or what for. Guarenteed to be some garbage around and it take absolutely no time to pick it up and put it in a can. I even picked up the garbage around the garbage can at the trail head at Cedar Creek on Sunday :mad: (pretty pathetic that some people can even hit the darn can). You don't have to pick up allot, but if everyone did a little there would be allot less. This is our resource and our responsability to keep it clean. Thanks Stew

JK

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Great idea Stew!!! I'm a supporter of Tillamook Anglers (whadda group!) and Fish First (NF Lewis) and an advocate for filling a big trash bag about once a week. Get involved folks. :grin: :grin: :grin:

[ 06-02-2003, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Thumper ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts