IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone fish the shad rack yesterday (Monday)? If you did, then you must have witnessed the biggest doughball of the year. I anchored next to this guy in 20 feet of water. I left 30 feet between us. This guy is fishing 2 rods, with him only in it!!! Well it gets even better, he decides to leave around 11am, and instead of hand pulling his anchor being there are boat all around us, he hooks it up to his cleat and drags his anchor over my anchor. I'm talking 30 feet above my boat!! I immediately start to yell at him and he proceeds to get his anchor rope wrapped in his prop, but somehow got it unwrapped just in time. But he does manage to wrap our anchors up, so ended up cutting loose to avoid this idiot from sinking me!!! Well, to my the story shorter, I had many "choice" words for him. He ended up tweaking my anchor, but I think it will be fine. I got his boat license so hopefully OSP will do something about him fishing with 2 rods.
I guess with a good note, did manage a 23lb. summer hog keeper!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Congrats on the fish
:cheers: We also have had some really bright people do the same thing :whazzup: , it's not hard to pull the anchor by had and it is alot safer when you are fishing hoglines

[ 07-08-2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
What kind of boat was it. did he have a fishing sticker on the side of the boat. There was this guy down by St. helens in a 14' closed bow, older boat always fishing two rods. That stuff ticks all of us honest johns off! :mad: Glad nobody got hurt or shot in the ordeal.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a white boat, guessing a 16 ft., possibly a crestline, it had blue writing, with a 40 horse mercury, and a smaller mercury kicker. I wasn't paying too close attention as I was trying to save my boat from going down with him!!! I told him that I better not ever see him up there again, but really, I kinda do hope I have another encounter!!! :grin:
:grin:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
10 percent - I'm the one who reported the guy fishing down by St. Helens with 2 rods earlier this year. I posted his Wa. boat number here on ifish for others to watch for. Although I was disturbed that he was fishing with 2 rods, I was more upset by the fact that he kept fishing after landing his limit of two 25 lb. springers. You should post this guy's boat license number here. Sounds like a different guy that I saw. Glad you made it out of there safely - that can turn into a real disaster quickly. You did the right thing by cutting out.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Thats a bad deal!
Thats got me thinking of what I might do in that situation. I think letting go of your line was best so as not to sink you both :shocked:

Live to fish another day brother :tongue:

mtpar

1 - 10 of 10 Posts