IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have some ideas for fishing plugs etc. from the bank? Ive only fished wobblers and such from a boat-which i dont have, and have caught steelhead casting, but never anchored them. I thought i heard of flatfish being anchored and doing pretty good. want to try some other meathods than a bobber and bait. thanks, mike
:help:

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Or you can use your standard plunking rig with a spin and glow. Then take your quickfish or flatfish and run it down your main line like a zip line. The current will catch him and then take him under. Just remember to really set that hook.

· Banned
8,470 Posts
does anyone have some ideas for fishing plugs etc. from the bank? Ive only fished wobblers and such from a boat-which i dont have, and have caught steelhead casting, but never anchored them. I thought i heard of flatfish being anchored and doing pretty good. want to try some other meathods than a bobber and bait. thanks, mike
:help:
How to fish wobblers without a boat!

http://www.ifish.net/gallery/data/500/Wobbler_Rigging.JPG

· Registered
3,855 Posts
1 more tip on the set up above. Large marshmallow on the treble or siwash hooks when you cast. Prevents tangles then washes off in the river water.

Also if you're sliding a kwikfish or flatfish down the main line to a swivel and bead, attach a 1 oz weight to the slding duolock snap to help it slide on down the line, then sort of bounce it down by lifting the rod tip over and over.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks for the ideas, now i can tell my wife why i needed to buy the stouter rod:dance: I sure hope to see ya'll on the river this fall. Archery season opened up over here and the woods are full of crazies, so I think I'll head down to the valley for some elbow to elbow sanity w/o some dude in pink camo shootin arrows at everything that moves-i guess someone(me) flyfishing on the N fork of Walla Walla could be an elk:passout: Thanks, mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.